Search the forum,

Discuss My new van sign writing what do ya think in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

I think it looks good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 130
In my my mind its eye catching and a bit of a of a gimmick to get noticed. I honestly dont think people will be offended as plumbers bogs are our business. Most forms of advertising are now are gimmicks take Rays biscuits for example thats a gimmick of sorts but it bloody works really well. to me its about catching peoples attention. the worst thing that can happen is i take it off if people dont like it.

but i genuinely want peoples opinions good or bad

Last edited by a moderator:
i think its good.
i have just been looking for one i did for my transit on my files but cant find it. you would not believe it is almost the same as yours!
i had like a nike swoosh from the back part going down to the door, all in same colours!!
think i should copyright it.lol

First things first.

This is not an exercise in aesthetics. If you want good-looking, drive an Aston Martin.

The question is whether it will attract business, and as a secondary question, whether its the type of business that you are looking for.

My gut feeling is that would be very effective in attracting attention at the price-sensitive end of the market, but might be offputting at the quality end.

So it depends what you business strategy is. Contrary to popular belief, there are profits to be made in both sectors.

yeh, its vertaully a van rap!.

i always said the only vans any one notices is a b.t van, royal mail van because folk know what they are.
the other is a sky van because of the graphics!!!

this is free advertising (like my landy) people notice and flag you down for a card!!

Im using it more for attracting business on finance so it could work quite well. But like anything only time will tell

If it works for you then thats ok, however unless it was stationary I wouldn`t remember half of it. Sorry.

Just a thought Jules - it might be worth deciding on a brand name, and sticking to it.

In your forum sig, you have plumberbradford247. In the name you registered with us, its West Yorks plumbing. On the van, its Eccleshill.

You run the risk of confusing people. My advice would be to pick one, and stick with it.

We only have two brand identities - the red-and-blue W and "tradeonlyplumbing". And I worry that that's one too many!

Yeah i know. Been thinking about that. Showroom is in eccleshill so van is done with that to keep that local feel and i get a lot of work through the showroom but i also get lot of work through the other aswell as its mainly internet and other stuff which has a wider reach so they both work and im bothered if i change it will fcuk up so have decided to leave it as it is.

i had eccleshill on the other van and in the 3 years it was on only 1 person queried it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i know. Been thinking about that. Showroom is in eccleshill so van is done with that to keep that local feel and i get a lot of work through the showroom but i also get lot of work through the other aswell as its mainly internet and other stuff which has a wider reach so they both work and im bothered if i change it will fcuk up so have decided to leave it as it is.

i had eccleshill on the other van and in the 3 years it was on only 1 person queried it.

For what its worth, my take on this is:

1) Your name. Ray Stafford Plumbing & Heating conveys more trust and reliability that RS Plumbing and Heating
2) Your town. Southsea Plumbing and Heating is better than South Hants Plumbing and Heating. No one ever answered the question "where are you from" by saying "south hants"

Minus several million marketing points for some pun on pipes, water or gas. It might be amusing once, but that wears off really quickly.

Apart from the brilliantly named "Pipes by David". If he didn't get the business of every gay man in the town in which he operated, then I'm the king of Siam.

It's very, very eye catching Jules. I think it will stick in peoples' minds and create a strong, instantly recognisable brand.

But you are very firmly aiming at the lower end of the market, and some snobbish / image conscious people may not want such a "loud" van outside their house. Not everyone likes toilet humour!

Finally, a word of warning - minions are copyright and probably trademarked. Be sure this won't land you in any legal bother...

It's very, very eye catching Jules. I think it will stick in peoples' minds and create a strong, instantly recognisable brand.

But you are very firmly aiming at the lower end of the market, and some snobbish / image conscious people may not want such a "loud" van outside their house. Not everyone likes toilet humour!

Finally, a word of warning - minions are copyright and probably trademarked. Be sure this won't land you in any legal bother...

I'm aware of the copyright issue but thought I would risk it.

,guys really appreciate your comments so far.
I don't do.a.lot of work for what you call high end customers. So this may well fit into the people are in my client base. that said I still ain't cheapest around here by a long stretch but I'm looking at iincreasing my work load as I employ another Gsr lad now so need to keep him busy aswell.

Is everyone of the opinion it's the bogs lowering the tone of professionalism as opposed to anythingelse

Is everyone of the opinion it's the bogs lowering the tone of professionalism as opposed to anythingelse

No I think the bog is a touch of pure genius. I would remember that. Take the bog away and it's just another sign written van.

I don`t see a problem with that considering what you said about the customers you`re aiming at.

I'm an honest man so i'll tell you what I think.

It looks very tacky. People will definitely notice it and you'll probably get a few laughs but the only business you're going to get from it won't generally be good business. I wouldn't want that van parked outside my house and I certainly wouldn't trust you with gas appliances.

If you were just a plumber, it could fly. Gas is serious business though and this van will lose you business.

Don't do it. Or at least lose the toilet graphics.

Herin doors has just had a look , and says loose the toilet lol lol .

I personally don't think people will look at your van and say, oh I don't want that parked outside my house whilst you repair something. Do people really think like that?

I personally don't think people will look at your van and say, oh I don't want that parked outside my house whilst you repair something. Do people really think like that?

No probably not, they just wouldn't call in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My new van sign writing what do ya think in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock