Search the forum,

Discuss Multi input heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

First thread so hopefully I am in the right place. I will try to give all the information as best I can, however please request more details if this request is lacking.

We bought a house about 4 years ago from a plumber. It contains the following heating inputs.

A 16kw boiler stove
A firebird oil boiler
An Ese Sovereign oil cooker (although limit heat input from what I can tell)
A geothermal heat pump
Thermal solar panels

These all feed into a 500ltr thermal store, I'm guessing it contains 6 coils including one for DHW.

The house has underfloor downstairs (this works well) and upstairs (doesn't work at all) and also radiators upstairs. I'm guessing that the latter were installed due to the failure of the UFH to heat upstairs. It's a suspended floor upstairs with the pipes covered in a light liquid screed however this is about 4'' from the solid timber flooring (about 1'' thick).

There

Ideally what I'd like to do is ditch the rads upstairs and get the UFH working properly by either lowering the flooring and using something that's more conductive so that the heating can heat the rooms. However I'm thinking that the amount of insulation under the pipes is minimal and that the heat is escaping downward rather than upward.

So another option would be to take up the flooring and install 4'' insullation boards and then lay UFH traps and run new pipes to the upstairs manifold and then lay a more conductive flooring.

So then I could get rid of the oil boiler and range and have a more simplistic and cost effective heating system.

Is this doable?

Regards

MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi input heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock