Discuss MPDE to Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sirocco

I'm trying to connect a new incoming water main 25mm MPDE blue pipe to the 15mm copper serving the cold water supplies in my house.
If I use a MPDE to cu stopcock will I have to fit an insert into the blue pipe.?
Hope this is not to stupid a question but I don't want to make an expensive error when the water co turn up to connect out at the road.
Also there is a huge range of prices for a brass stopcock, is is just the brands tha:confused:t vary.
Thanks

yes you need a insert m8 and you can get a connector from 25mm to 15mm i think if not it will be to 22mm then fit a 22mmto15mm joint

Generally you need inserts with blue pipe and none with black - at least that's what I've been told.

yep use an insert, and yep can get 25 plastic - 15 copper fitting reducer. I should know cos it I recently fitted one because it fractured at the 15mm part.

speedfit do a 25x15mm mdpe to copper reducer mate, And yes make sure you use the right insert, Also available are 25mmx22mm brass stop cocks, supplied with these is a copper insert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MPDE to Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got to replace my leaking stopcock, it seems to be connected to old steel pipe about 25mm, I guess 3/4 inch. What is the correct way to...
Replies
Views
Main water inlet pipe stopcock seized. Have tried freeing it to no avail so looking to replace it. It's very old as you can see on the attached...
Replies
Views
Hello, One for the oldies with bad knees. 1960's house- my (soldered) stopcock was in a bad way- passing water, leaking from gland and almost...
Replies
Views
hi, so we had tried to fit an isolation valve into copper pipe that came close from the mains supply, but i'm not proud of it. we had to leave the...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Whenever possible I aim to buy the correct quality product the first time round. Plumbing labour and water damage is expensive, thus...
Replies
Views
Back