Discuss Moving a bolier from outside - more advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire44

Hello, I have a small garden basement flat in a Victorian conversion (1 bedroom & 1 lounge/kitchen). Currently the boiler is outside, just outside the bedroom window. It needs to be replaced and I want to move it indoors. Could anyone give me a ballpark regarding the replacement, moving it inside (to approx 2m from where it currently is) and boxing it in? Thanks so much for your help. Claire

I'm not supprised it needs replacing if its outside. :p

Can't be right, I take it by 'outside' you mean outside but in some sort of store/outbuilding type thing?

Surley not open to the elements, because that how it reads.

Yes seriously OUTSIDE!!! in a little cubby hole type thing - shocking I know. Unfortunately I don't have photograhs at the moment as I'm in Australia and trying to get this organised from here. Any advice would be much appreciated.

very rough ballpark figure is dependant on whats in there at present but for such a small area i would say to put a combi and repipe max of around 1500-2000 but thats rough
it will depend on suitable location for boiler and access to gas suply and also regards venting the poc if its a basement as these do have restrictions

where is the property as well as location ime sorry to say does have an impact on price

Hi, thanks so much. The gas supply is right next to where I want the boiler re-siting, and although it is classed as a basement flat, the place I am moving it to is actually at ground level, with plenty of ventilation. This has really helped actually; I've been quoted 3,500 + VAT by a plumber that my agent has recommended, and whilst I know that labour is expensive, I think I am being taken advantage of. I'm now going to arrange for some quotes myself and hopefully I'll get a better outcome - just wanted to know that I wasn't being too paranoid! Thanks again. Claire

to coin an expression he was trying to take your pants down
thats full install boiler anbd rads territory
where is the flat anywhere in london area??

supply and fit combi.............. i would say 1200-1800 max
inbox me if you need a proper quote

Make sure that whoever you end up using follows best practice and flushes the existing system properly.

Otherwise, you are attaching a delicate, modern boiler (they dont build em how they used) to a system thats full of crap.... and dont let them tell you that you can just pour in a bottle of 'chemicals'.

Beware cheap cheap. You get what you pay for. Dont ask for the flush, see who is professional enough to offer it. he's your man.

And, no, flushing doesnt cause leaks.

Hope it goes well for you.

Let me get this straight, your saying to get rid of sludge you can only employ power flushing, ROLLOX.
Does the system need bringing in line with part L, eg T.R.V's, temp controls etc. Is it a boiler conversion your asking for?. Get at least 3 estimates, otherwise the chances of you paying over the odds of having the work done incorrectly increase. Listen carefully to what each engineer says.

It is important that when installing a new boiler the system should be cleaned prior to connecting the boiler. Not least for reasons of compliance.

All new systems should comply with BS7593 and Benchmark requirement. System Flushing is also a requirement under Part L of the Building Regulations.

I dont make the rules.... I just read 'em.

Also, manufacturers warranty. No flush - no warranty.

It is important that when installing a new boiler the system should be cleaned prior to connecting the boiler. Not least for reasons of compliance.

All new systems should comply with BS7593 and Benchmark requirement. System Flushing is also a requirement under Part L of the Building Regulations.

I dont make the rules.... I just read 'em.

Also, manufacturers warranty. No flush - no warranty.

Ahmen to that.

No flush done = no warranty honoured by manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving a bolier from outside - more advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock