Discuss Move waste pipe for free standing bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
Hope to get some advice.
Fitting new bathroom with free standing bath so need to move feed and waste. I’ve a problem with the soil pipe as it’s current location from the top will be too high when putting back floor. Ideally I need to come off the bend so as to give myself more height. Does such a fitting exist?
Thanks,
Alex.

9352B4B4-087E-46C7-9FAF-7B8BDAC43BC1.jpeg

Hard to tell from photo, but are you not able to use a 90 degree bend or spigot bend off the up stand of pipe? I doubt you would get a fitting if one exists onto that soil bend as access is tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
thanks for suggestions and ideas.
Riley: yes need waste pipe to go under the floor.
CBW1982: can't take anything from the top as there isn't enough height / gap. Can't get access to the down pipe. See additional photo.
Steve: yes I was hoping I could get something off the elbow as it's lower and accessible- is this designed for use on an elbow or general pipe fixing?

IMG_1232.jpg

There’s always another option.

What’s below? Might be better to run between joists to edge of room and drop down through ceiling and take it from there..
If it’s utility, no problem.
Kitchen, bring out above wall cupboards won’t be seen etc etc

There’s always another option.

What’s below? Might be better to run between joists to edge of room and drop down through ceiling and take it from there..
If it’s utility, no problem.
Kitchen, bring out above wall cupboards won’t be seen etc etc
Good idea but unfortunately I can't as bathroom is in middle of the house. Directly below is the middle of the kitchen so no cupboards close by. The only way I can add a connection with enough space below the floor is on the elbow bend. Anywhere else is too close to joist or floor. I've considered bringing the waste pipe up and boxing in around the edge but this would probably end in divorce...

Reply to Move waste pipe for free standing bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Does adaptor exist? Hi, looking to move a rad, the original valves will be hidden behind a bath, so I was wanting to leave original valves in...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock