Discuss Motorised valve help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all I have a situation at my own house. HW working fine but no CH unless I pushed the lever over. Drayton 3 port valve with removable head. Bought a replacement & put it on tonight. However, the W M H lever only moves between W & M not moving to H at all. When I switch HW on (cylinder is hot) boiler switches off ! I am assuming now that there is a wiring error at the wiring centre. At present everything is wired into a wiring centre (junction box type) so was wondering whether to best disconnect everything & start again with same or get another centre (labelled inside pump etc) Or do you guys have any other suggestions ?

did you change any wiring ? if not then take the head off, if you can't move the spindle freely with your fingers then the body is kaput :)

did you change any wiring ? if not then take the head off, if you can't move the spindle freely with your fingers then the body is kaput :)
Hi No cut wiring from centre to old body & then connected colour for colour to that. Also when head removed from body it still only moves W to M ??

lever turning ok in the center of he valve? if it is you have a programmer or room stat issue

I think it may be a wiring issue, The previous owner replaced the cylinder stat & commented that after that it seemed to be constantly on ? Thus is why I am considering redoing wiring centre

Ancient Honeywell stat (rectangular brass coloured) It seems to be doing something as when you turn it up / down it switches boiler on / off. From memory when I tested it earlier it has 240v

Checking through the existing wiring it seems to be all wrong So in my brave moment decided to undo everything & start again On first attempt lever moved to H but boiler would not fire i have found a different wiring diagram online but that gets no results
i have a Drayton lp112 programmer Drayton mid position valve Honeywell room & cylinder stat 10 way junction box Has anyone got a drawing I could use please ?

512px-Y-Plan-Wiring.jpg

Hi johnnyplumb
when I wire in the room stat as above I get no movement on lever at all Currently I have N from stat in 2. 1 from stat is brown in 1. 3 from stat is blue in 7 as per diagram with valve When powered up lever moves to H but no boiler fire ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised valve help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Good morning all I hope you are all well? I am after a bit of advice please, I am looking to fit a Drayton LWC1 wiring centre into my boiler...
Replies
Views
Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock