Discuss Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can I ask a question - should we be building more VMIC facilities in the UK for vaccine (and mAB etc. etc.) production:

Perhaps one South Wales, one North East, one Glasgow, one Ireland (somewhere straddling the border)

Can I also ask to answer that from a pure engineering view, and not political etc. (Otherwise I'm on the wrong forum here)
Why bother?

Ignoring the politics, the Indian plants make perfectly good pharmaceutical products which we use all the time. Obviously it would save on transport if they were made locally, but I suppose it depends on what raw materials might then need to be brought in to make the end product. The end product is small and light to ship.

Obviously it might have made sense to build plants locally months ago to have enough product, but why local and not abroad is a political question.

Morning all, it is almost the weekend. I feell ike I am in groundhog day at the moment

Morning everyone, its very sunny but chilly here this morning! In other news I've found a Starling nest in my gable end!

Hello Dan,

Been victim of 1st lockdown but afterwards it did start to pick it up. I do most aspects of domestic plumbing and heating work.
Sometimes, business gets slow down for a week or two but then getting back on track. I suppose everybody feels the same.

have a nice once

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.
A bit late in the day as it's afternoon now.
Just to say that despite the 3rd lockdown I'm still able to ship my AGA Barrel lifting kits anywhere in the UK or worldwide.
The kit is wrapped in a waterproof sleeve and can easily be sanitised on arrival. All kits have been packaged for 4+ days, further reducing the slight posibility of contamination.
This kit takes the strain out of lifting the very heavy barrel out of AGAs for servicing the burner.
Full details on my webpage www.robpendleton.co.uk/aga
Oh yes, I've got a date for my Covid jab in 10 days time!

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.

Great thread. Personally I'm very content with life. I'm only in my second year but business is good and growing. On a personal level I'm only working 4 days as I take a Wednesday off to look after my son. So working less but more productive and spending more time with my boy.

All jobs we wear a mask but still most customers don't. I'm based in Central Scotland, cases are relatively low in this area.

I hope everyone is taking care and making the most of the situation we find ourselves in.

Ryan

Morning all. Hope all is well. Weather still sucks. World still sucks. Boooooo to it all.

lol

Trying to find some funny films to watch.

Reply to Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Homeowner here, I'm NOT a plumber, but I was hoping I could find someone on a forum to help me as I've had high success rates in the past with...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock