Discuss Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah there was a little backup in one of the manholes but cleared that out and the level in the stack pipe didn't drop. There are three manholes on our property though and the other two seem clear. To be honest 2 and a half hours is about my maximum I'm allocating to shyte lol so it's somebody elses problem now I'll just pay the bill.

I'm sure at one point I saw some kids bedroom wallpaper come flying past me, "Cars" that talking red car one. Lightning McQueen I think he's called. Trying to work out which neighbour might have a kid into that but there's no way I'm knocking on with it, can't even find it now it must have gone back down at some point or got swept up at the end in the dark.

Our other loo is fine luckily so we're not stuck or anything.

If its shared drains then all out the local water author
I have the actual loo outside and it keeps going below zero, do you think I should bring it in? I don't want any moisture in the ceramic freeze and crack it - is that a thing? Or are they pretty sturdy? You'd think I'd know being a tiler and coming from Stoke on Trent a 'potter'. Might find a rug throw over it or something to take the worst off it perhaps.
If its shared drains call out the local water authority. Their responsibility.

Yeah there was a little backup in one of the manholes but cleared that out and the level in the stack pipe didn't drop. There are three manholes on our property though and the other two seem clear. To be honest 2 and a half hours is about my maximum I'm allocating to shyte lol so it's somebody elses problem now I'll just pay the bill.

I'm sure at one point I saw some kids bedroom wallpaper come flying past me, "Cars" that talking red car one. Lightning McQueen I think he's called. Trying to work out which neighbour might have a kid into that but there's no way I'm knocking on with it, can't even find it now it must have gone back down at some point or got swept up at the end in the dark.

Our other loo is fine luckily so we're not stuck or anything.

I have the actual loo outside and it keeps going below zero, do you think I should bring it in? I don't want any moisture in the ceramic freeze and crack it - is that a thing? Or are they pretty sturdy? You'd think I'd know being a tiler and coming from Stoke on Trent a 'potter'. Might find a rug throw over it or something to take the worst off it perhaps.
Well done Dan for doing all that.

Had something similar happen a few years ago when a neighbour tipped effluent down the drains and blocked them. Good local jetting company I think, but in the process of trying to find the common outlet they accidentally jetted my confined space downstairs loo. Just couldn't go in there for two weeks. What I did learn is the drains (nearly) always follow the road even if that goes uphill for a bit.

For the loo outside after you are sure it's drained (lift it so outlet pointing down) stick it upside down on a couple of bits of wood somewhere sunny and wrap it up in old cloth then plastic. (Ok easier to put inside)

Is salt the answer?

All reminds me on the trains before electric heat, when stored overnight the guard chucks salt down the pan. You then need a swizzle stick. Take care if you pick up the green flag . . .

Very best of luck and well done again in advance.

Roy

Had the jab on Friday. Pfizer one as expected.

Only got mild reaction to it which is good (time to worry is when you get no reaction).

Shovelling very modest amounts of snow yesterday and this morning so can't complain.

Can I ask a question - should we be building more VMIC facilities in the UK for vaccine (and mAB etc. etc.) production:

Perhaps one South Wales, one North East, one Glasgow, one Ireland (somewhere straddling the border)

Can I also ask to answer that from a pure engineering view, and not political etc. (Otherwise I'm on the wrong forum here)

Cheers,

Roy

Having a weird time, no work then work but worried about catching virus if I go. Been self employed and so had the government grant and that will help. The future feel so uncertain, and just when I was hoping to build up enough business to take on an appy to do the work my knees won't let me do. Fed up to be honest, wish I could retire...

Well done Dan for doing all that.

Had something similar happen a few years ago when a neighbour tipped effluent down the drains and blocked them. Good local jetting company I think, but in the process of trying to find the common outlet they accidentally jetted my confined space downstairs loo. Just couldn't go in there for two weeks. What I did learn is the drains (nearly) always follow the road even if that goes uphill for a bit.

For the loo outside after you are sure it's drained (lift it so outlet pointing down) stick it upside down on a couple of bits of wood somewhere sunny and wrap it up in old cloth then plastic. (Ok easier to put inside)

Is salt the answer?

All reminds me on the trains before electric heat, when stored overnight the guard chucks salt down the pan. You then need a swizzle stick. Take care if you pick up the green flag . . .

Very best of luck and well done again in advance.

Roy
Thanks for the reply Roy.

Loo is fully drained though moist as hell, and cold. Now the harshness of the odour has gone I might dare bring it back in and just place it near the stack for now. Seems it might be a few days before somebody with a sensible price is willing to come out during this lark. Thank god it's a second loo.

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.
Hello Dan ,
I am well thanks , but not been very busy as I am not going into anyones house . All of a sudden we have 2 External Oil boilers to fit . My son is also a plumber so he will do the inside work . He is really busy at the moment .
Hoping to get the Jab in February . RE PPE , just the usual Mask and gloves and Sanitizer .
Our local Buildbase and Travis Perkins are open as usual . We also use BES who are really good .
Cheers

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.
frustrated with my thermostat 😕

We've got some drain people coming today, hopefully they will fix it

Reply to Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Homeowner here, I'm NOT a plumber, but I was hoping I could find someone on a forum to help me as I've had high success rates in the past with...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock