Search the forum,

Discuss Monoblock Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swarfega

What is the ACTUAL physical difference between a 0.5 bar monoblock mixer tap, and a 0.1 bar monoblock mixer tap?
What would make a 0.1 bar mixer tap perform better than the current 0.5 bar we have installed? (hot water is merely a trickle, there is almost no mix - it's either powerful and cold, or trickly and hot. Warm is not an option). I wonder whether a 0.1 would help?

The physical differences are a monobloc tap suitable for lower pressure will tend to have less restrictive orifices - diameter of holes in main bodywork & the neck will have a wider opening. Also remember if the tap has flexi hoses or ceramic disc works, then these will cause further restriction to flow. Flexis have very small bore & ceramic discs have an opening of less then half of their diameter.
Any diffuser/ airator at end of neck can severely restrict flow.
The mixer taps nowadays have seperate how & cold through their necks, usually by a very small pipe in the middle for the hot. That is partly why the gravity hot on sinks can be very poor flow. Cold mains has no problem with flow.

about 500%

0.5 is five times that of 0.1 so could be quite a bit

If you are on gravity fed systems, expect poor flows from a 0.5 minimum pressure mixer

OK I will take the plunge and source a 0.1 bar mixer. Any recommendations? There doesn't seem to be so many about. ÂŁ50 mark would be ideal. My current mixer is a UTY375 and would dearly like it to look similar!! Might be asking a bit much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monoblock Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Customer wants an outside tap for dog washing so needs to be blended. The hot water is gravity and its a bungalow so little head at the point of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock