Discuss Monoblock lever type tap stuck on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

2638martinb

I have isolated the supply and stripped the tap down to a blue circular plastic cylinder with a "ratcheted" top from where the lever mechanism comes out. I can't unscrew it by hand or pull it out to see what the problem is. Is there some special too to engage the ratchet and unscrew?

Sometimes there is. Sometimes they're factory assembled and cannot be taken apart.

Is it a branded tap and can you definitely get spares?

if they are jammed on/off they are knackered, forget it and replace it, the mechanisms inside are often platic levers which just give up with constant use. Quality isnt what it used to be eventho taps still cost a small fortune

I am pursuing a different tack - I contacted my supplier a local plumbers merchant who traced the manufacturer and model from my invoice. Balterley bathrooms Reportedly give a 10 YEAR guarantee! I have had it 2 years so not going to touch it further.

I am pursuing a different tack - I contacted my supplier a local plumbers merchant who traced the manufacturer and model from my invoice. Balterley bathrooms Reportedly give a 10 YEAR guarantee! I have had it 2 years so not going to touch it further.

Nice,to many times manufacturers get away with their responsibilities,offer long guarantee's knowing after a few years no one will know were from and replace,think all manufacturers should be forced to stamp there name or a recognizable emblem on tap,fitting ect
There is a law ,were if you manufacture something, it has to be of a certain quality to do the job it is manufactured for believe, for six years now
Seems to have been forgotten with some of the stuff that comes out of china or were ever now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don`t think that there are many laws enforced in china which concern any manufacturing:(

Saw a program on TV about a Chinese manufacturer of plumbing stuff. They were saving loads of money by dumping hundreds of gallons of toxic waste into the river.

The same program showed a consignment of recyclable plastic waste from Europe and it was up to child labourers to sort through all the different types of plastic.

Last edited:
Off topic but just like when they had to stop manufacturing before the Olympics went ahead to cut down on all the smog,they say the athletes would not have been able to breath correctly if they had not,would have produced some of the slowest times in modern history,soon as finished ,off they go again and we are all messing about fitting he condensate boiler to improve our carbon foot print while they stamp about with their hob nailed boots!!:mad:

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monoblock lever type tap stuck on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Okay, here's my first large, (Bernie2 and Plouanse) style thread starter I am sick to death of incorrect pump installs both by DIY and cowboy...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views
U
Studies have shown that the UK wastes an estimated 3 billion litres of water every day, and water bills continue to increase year on year — yet...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock