Search the forum,

Discuss Monobloc tap hose connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening chaps.

I've got a Bristan monobloc mixer to fit. Now, the 10mm ends of the hoses fit a few inches deep inside the body of the tap, so can't get a spanner on them. Can't use a box spanner as even if I could get one on the hose, I wouldn't get it off as the other end is 1/2" bsp!

What do I do now? :rolleyes2:

Cheers.

hand tight ( you should find a sticker on them saying no tools)

This design of tap is very regular these days , pathetic design , as shaun says hand tight but I still need to check with a spanner

Thanks chaps. It doesn't fill me with confidence to say the least, but I'll give it a go.

Maybe some hawkwhite on the threads, only kidding ;)

Use a smear of lsx on the o rings and make sure you don't kink the hoses when you twist them.
Love bristan monobloc taps

Seen a few of the Monobloc hoses in the past with the O rings all cracked just out of the box. Doesn't give me much confidence in them, although haven't seen it lately.
And why do some mixers come with spare flexi hose O rings in a wee bag? What's that about?

And why do some mixers come with spare flexi hose O rings in a wee bag? What's that about?

Yeah I've often wondered about those! More likely that the hose will split than the o-rings wear out. Maybe they're in case people over tighten them and tear the o rings??

Yeah I've often wondered about those! More likely that the hose will split than the o-rings wear out. Maybe they're in case people over tighten them and tear the o rings??

You could be right. I wondered had the O rings already supplied on the flexis have been perished on some, like I used to notice and they supplied spares just to be careful.
I wish the manufacturers would leave instructions to explain the purpose of all the bits supplied in the box to help make it easy for stupid people like me! :smile:
Something you can ask the reps when you get behind the counter shortly in your new job. :smile:

The o.rings do tear if you over tighten the tails . Someone I know (ahem) has done that in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monobloc tap hose connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock