Discuss Modification to branch pipe issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0451.jpgIMG_0443.jpgIMG_0449.jpg

A leaseholder is has been having ongoing problems with the flushing of his WC ever since he moved into his flat a couple of years ago. The pictures indicate as to why this is the case – there is not sufficient fall on the 6m run of soil branch to the stack (I refer her to the lower branch of the two).

You guys will also notice that it is insufficiently clipped and therefore allowed a sagging to compound the problems.

But I wonder whether anyone could comment on where the responsibility for the modification lies? This is a leasehold property with a freeholder controlling the block. I have not been privy to the terms of the lease but usually the leaseholder is responsible for his own supply & waste pipework. The likelihood here, though, is that a connection is required lower down the soilstack which is the leaseholder would not have a right to undertake without the permission of the freeholder.

Any views much appreciated.

My view is that those pics should be in the Hall of Shame. They're mighty long runs for little brown sailors to travel along.

just fit few clips and see if you can create enough fall to flush it also see could there be a blockage , charge for few hours and job done .
Other ways will get done just before x mas if you are trying to sort it out with land lord

well said ! It would not happen if they did not convert from a flat to two on each floor

Yeah, badly planned out from the start and will likely be a headache to rectify if you want to avoid any problems in the future.

it would have been a better solution to have had a new stack on the corner of the building, but who wants to pay for a groundworker for a day?? :(

would not like to remove it myself now tbh.

Thanks very much for your comments, guys. It is a pretty abysmal piece of work and I am hardly surprised that it gets your collective seal of disapproval :tongue3:. Nice idea about the stack on the corner, though.

Yeah a new stack is the only correct way to sort this.

If you put too much fall on a soil pipe, the water can over take the solids, and then you can still get blockages. Rare but it can occur.

As said, this is a long run, I imagine what will actually occur is someone will correct the falls as much as possible, and then it will just get cleared as and when it blocks.

I'm surprised that got signed off. Rubbish install.

Probably didn't get signed off as it was never inspected!!

That is pretty impressive all that pipe work! So much effort for such a reasonably straight forward job.

Perhaps the owner/freeholder/leaseholder whoever would like to know about the environmental health issues of all those toilets causing blockages & the risks that they pose?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Modification to branch pipe issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock