Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Milwaukee lovers! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atouchofgas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
[DLMURL]http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/tools/heated-gear-eu/[/DLMURL]. This is for all you guys who keep harping on about Milwaukee, come on who's getting one?

Last edited by a moderator:
What made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me. Wise words from Mr R Stewart.

Haha good foresight to buy one in summer.

I really like the look of Milwaukee gear but is it any good. I really need to invest in a new cordless hammer drill and a combi drill. But not sure wether to just go for Bosch, even though Iv been disappointed by them lately

imho, Milwaukee are POS tools.
They are good at what they do, but if you ever need spares, forget about it.
Just scrapped my core drill, as was told that the pcb was knackered, and they cannot get them anymore, Also had one of their 24v combi drills needed new brushes, had to wait 11 weeks for them to come in.
Hilti for me now.

Jimbob, have you looked at metabo? I use it and its good gear, plus on the cordless range the battery's are interchangeable so if you get a 2amp battery then want to change to 5 it's no probs

Jimbob, have you looked at metabo? I use it and its good gear, plus on the cordless range the battery's are interchangeable so if you get a 2amp battery then want to change to 5 it's no probs

I love the metabo gear, but do not have anyone locally that can service/repar them, wheras hilti are just down the road from me

I love my milwaukee kit
i have way too much of it...

i already have a heated jacket for the oil boiler repairs/servicing in the ice and snow for the external boilers.

Hopefully now Milwaukee have made a serious move into the UK market spares will get better?

I have looked at metabo. I have a local dealer. I thought you could swap AH battery's on most tools, you can on Bosch. Obviously just have to stick to same voltage.

I'd love to go for hilti, at almost £1k for the 36v, I can't justify that. Unless I heard the price wrong.

This is the trouble, I have loads of expensive powertools but leave most at home in case they get nicked out of the van on a job and when I need them of course I've left them at home.

Perfect example is my newish Makita cordless SDS, never in my van when I need it. At 1K a drill I'd never get my moneys worth.

[DLMURL="http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/tools/heated-gear-eu/"]Performance Power Tools - Heated Gear | Milwaukee Tools[/DLMURL]. This is for all you guys who keep harping on about Milwaukee, come on who's getting one?

Ask again in December (ask us southerners in December) you chaps in Scotland may need one in September!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask again in December (ask us southerners in December) you chaps in Scotland may need one in September!:lol:

I think you have that the wrong way round, it's normally cold up here and we are that used to it we are still in short sleeves in December!

I've got a heated waistcoat from Blazewear. It's great when I'm at a show all day in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Milwaukee lovers! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock