Search the forum,

Discuss Might want to treat myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
....to a new set of security bits any good recommendations..regards Turnpin:)

Cheap ones in green rubberised case from screwfix. Only ever use them in public toilets when George has dropped his phone in pan and it's gone round bend.

I love public toilets !
We are wildcampers in a motorhome so they are are first point of call for water !
If anyone working on them could leave an appliance tap or lockshield bib tap it would really be much appreciated !
Saves me having to hold the dam taps down as I fill me watering can !

Just picked these up from Homebase IMG_20131103_155151.jpg regards Turnpin

How much was that set Turnpin?

There dosen't seem to be the invaluable slotted one with the centre ground out like in my ÂŁ14 Toolstation set.

37470.jpg

The problem with those Turnpin is the end won't fit inside a 15mm clip, so you end up doing the last couple of turns with a screwdriver! Found that out the hard way when I picked a set of Dewalt ones up.

Ive got the TS set as well, needed to take off someones flat screen TV when chasing the walls out, don't think i have ever used them for anything else, got long handled for pump heads

Might be cheaper sites that was just first one , I can't remember the boiler but there one where to remove the burner the t25 head is on inside away from you and a ball ache to do with normal bits this things is just what is needed

Bacho ones are nice. The Bosch one I had bearing and metal loading spring piped out after a week. Bought a generic bit holder does the job brill and fits clips

They cost me 10.99 today down from 14.99 I have some different bit holders for use when clipping and an original cordless screwdriver we used in the old days ...a Yankee still works like a charm regards Turnpin:)

I hardly use my set. Got a ratchet screwdriver with the most common bits I need in it. The set with all the really weird stuff has only ever come out once, to open a security fixing on a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Might want to treat myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a no-go. It's a tiny stone-walled, screed floored terraced cottage, with no easy route for the gas pipe. So we're looking at electric options). Two people...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hi guys after a bit of advice .... An old close coupled pan will be replaced with a new close coupled pan. With the waste line been quite far from the wall, the old one was attached to the waste using a really long flexi pan connector , bent at an awkward angle backwards then up through the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock