Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Metabo core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hybrid

After i've had the clutch of my makita repaired twice already it's started slipping again so i'm getting rid. I just don't trust it anymore.

I need a cheapish core drill to tide me over till I find the cash for a good Hilti and was looking at a Metabo BDE 1100 for about £230.

Does anyone know if they're any good?

I am not sure if the quality is the same with the new stuff but I have had a Metabo SDS for over 20 years and its still very good.

Repair the clutch yourself. Just a matter of tightening a nut.

I've fixed the clutch myself before but it's the start of a repeating pattern. It starts slipping and I fix it then it locks up and almost snaps my arms off. Caught me on the jaw last time up a ladder, I looked like desperate dan for a week.

That marcrist looks a good buy. Had a little look around and found this:
DDM2 - 7700.001.002 plus 249.512.0001:MARCRIST-MARCRIST DDM2 Diamond Core Drilling Machine 110V + CCU850X

Think i'll take a punt on it. Cheers.

I've fixed the clutch myself before but it's the start of a repeating pattern. It starts slipping and I fix it then it locks up and almost snaps my arms off. Caught me on the jaw last time up a ladder, I looked like desperate dan for a week.

Lol. That is the hard bit. How tight is just enough lol.

The Marcrist is a good gun and the bits are excellent too. Had mine for about 3 years now and core 2-3 every week and at least 4 a month through 30" solid stone. Not as flash as a Hilti but does the job just as well and it also takes the Hilti type 1 1/4" tread cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Metabo core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Tools in general are good, but if you get a duff one expect to be ignored by their rep when you try to resolve the issue. We have a duff TE7-C...
Replies
Views
S
hope you can help im looking at investing in a makita core drill and a 5pc core set are the £70/£80 core sets from ebay any good or is it worth...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I have a Makita diamond core cutter & the clutch is slipping, had a new clutch put in about a year ago but it's had a fair amount of graft...
Replies
Views
12 Diamond cores perfect for essential UK and international pipe sizes. Plus your fixtures and fittings. What's included in this 1KG...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock