Discuss Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

panamajack

Hi all,

I'm looking for a van, something 2006 - 2009 plate and I've read some bad things about Vito's, Vivaro's.....well every van really, but what do you guys think?

Are Merc Vito's any good or should I get something else? Any experiences?

Cheers

Driving a relay at the moment but will chop in for a transit in the new year. Heard good things about them.

mercs vans were the best 10 years back when I was running several for a school, having said that they were also the most expensive on parts and servicing, the cheapest to run LDV, but they are no more. A mate just binned a 4 yr old transit for a vivaro as the ford dealership were useless. other people will have other ideas. I luv my T5

I think u shud buy a ford transit connect....

I have 1 up for sale :p

Hi all,

I'm looking for a van, something 2006 - 2009 plate and I've read some bad things about Vito's, Vivaro's.....well every van really, but what do you guys think?

Are Merc Vito's any good or should I get something else? Any experiences?

Cheers

Vito excellent vans but as some say dear on bits. Would have one in a blink but just too big to get down the awquard drive we have. Settled for a Caddy Maxi. Pleased with it but sometime miss the space the Merc or similar Tranny size would have had

I had a Vito Dualiner for about 18 months, a dream to drive and looked the part. As I was doing my year end figures I realised it was costing an arm and a leg in fuel. Sold it on eBay and two days later both rear springs failed ! Now have an ex BG Combi , workman like and cheap as chips

How much?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mines up for £4499, fully racked, roof rack, pipe rack, clean as a whistle! No problems at all even in cold!, quite nippy for a van, lockable van vault in rear, 90k miles, 6month tax and test atm. North east england. Ant seen a better connect like it! PM me for more info/pictures

Got a 2007 vito at the moment, company van. Seems ok, not sure of its previous history so can't say. Not overly refined, fairly good on fuel, nice size for driving, but lacks space for install type work. All Mercs rust and my gut feeling is the build quality isn't what you'd expect from a merc. Had a 57 plate vw crafter for 3 years previously, it's just a sprinter with a different lump. Had endless problems with it luckily under warranty but wouldn't buy one myself. Put me off merc quality. Had 2 vivaros which are lovely to drive, don't rev very high and have their own common faults which can be dear to fix. Gearboxes on the older models and injectors seizing into the head on the newer 2.0 models.

used a 2011 transporter for a bit, nice van although it was brand new, bit on the small side compared to transit or vivaro, depends what you use it for.

got a transit now, 2007. Nice to drive, quite refined.comfy seats, not the quietest in cab, rust easily, cheap to fix and semi high top means tube carried internally.

Also had a 2006 relay in the past, nothing much mechanically went wrong with it but the body work was beer can quality, doors kept needing adjusting and other annoying problems. Think that's it for recent vans.

so, from my experience they all have pros and cons. I'm selling my transit soon as I have the company vito and getting a 174 transporter as they look better and will be use more for recreational use than work.

Last edited:
Driving a relay at the moment but will chop in for a transit in the new year. Heard good things about them.

The hire van I had a little while ago was a 12 plate LWB transit and I hated it. Stupid hill start, put your foot on the clutch and the brake and the brake remains on when you take your foot off for just long enough that when you lift the clutch and push the accelerator the van stalls. To make a quick getaway at a junction I had to use the hand brake. Traction control thingy called ESP was useless as it locked the wheels up too soon and you ended up spinning the other wheels and going nowhere.

I had a transit in 2011 for a while as a works van and I hated it with a vengeance. The catches that held the rear doors open weren't strong enough and park on a slope or a gust of wind and the doors would slam on you. Got stuck on a stupid little slope out of plumb center in the snow due to the ESP not allowing any spin. Seats made my back ache. The only good thging about it was the ability to double lock the van with the remote control so you could lock your work colleague inside and they couldn't get out. I was so glad when they took it off me and gave me a Renault Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock