Discuss Megaflo with internal air bubble. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Mega flo 170l, leaking from t&prv, drained down and refilled to recreate air bubble, still leaking, all thermostats/ valves working.
grenade style valve, leaks when water reaches 50 degrees.

Books say that they can be adjusted but i cant see how!!
also how do you know that it isnt the baffle in the cylinder that is broken?

I am G3 registered!!

just needed to confirm, thank you. changed the thermostat a month ago, all working fine then suddenly this goes and thermostat has gone again!!

if the thermostat is gone is likely that is over heating , how did you read the 50 degrees temperature ?

sorry was the immersion thermostat that has gone, cylinder thermostat is what i got reading from, t & prv drips at 50 degrees, broke my thermometer so couldnt tell reading at tap but it wasnt hot enough to burn. I am just curious how do we know its not the baffle inside the cylinder? is the only way to test it by putting new t & prv on?

Kind of, but after that I also drained it fully as did the pressure relief last time and was hoping that it hadn't worked and by draining it would solve problem, thinking about it, that might of cracked the seal. By doing it the first time and causing it to leak when water is heated putting pressure on it???

If its been dripping for a while the seating on the T & P valve will be scored, Hence fit new one..A little tip, make sure when you push the T & P in the probe is below the baffle. You will see it if you shine a torch through the 1/2 inch hole.

Internal baffle can fail. it can have a pinhole/s which can cause failure or I have even known the baffle to fall of the end of the plate which holds it in position.

would be nice? but 12 years old so doubt it, could be a good as my first unvented install on my own, fingers crossed

Install is just like normal cylinder pal , just have to make sure that is all set up correct , read the MI and will be ok

It is all set up ok, blo off pipe is 28mm below tundish and only 2 metres long so shouldnt have too many problems, 2 port valves, the rest is supplied in pack so shouldnt be bad at all. will see tomorrow evening if new valve works,

seen one a few years ago where the pressure reducer was only doing the cold feed to the cylinder the other cold outlets were straight from the mains thus unbalanced and the shower valve was passing so instead of 3bar into the cylinder it was pressuring from the cold mains via shower hot to the mains pressure.the older pressure reducers were better as they were seperate i think the new ones are a combined valve with a balanced cold so cold has to be routed to where cyl is - old one you could put the press red under sink on mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo with internal air bubble. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock