Currently reading:
map pro & propane

Discuss map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently bought a Go system auto torch with map gas and was reading on here the other day, that beginners would not be able to solder properly with map/pro gas and would be better of with propane.. just wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject for me please.. thanks men

i personaly use mapp for the time diffrence it does speed up those big jobs. i do use propane tho and agree it is better for biginners as it gives more of a window for getting it right. i agree with above over the sf2 its a top piece of kit and its fine tuneable for the individual user :)

Thought it was just me who uses the mapp, I love it for the speed. Although I do go through heat mats. :)

I use Mapp most of the time as I find that when lighting me *** buts it gives a clean fast burn to the edge of me beard, also with ordinary propane when soldering in tight kitchen cuboards I find that the black scorch marks look really awful so at least with mapp it actualy burns a hole in the back of the cupboard ready fer drilling the outside tap the waste hole and if it turns into a raging inferno you can put a cat flap in too

I use Mapp most of the time as I find that when lighting me *** buts it gives a clean fast burn to the edge of me beard, also with ordinary propane when soldering in tight kitchen cuboards I find that the black scorch marks look really awful so at least with mapp it actualy burns a hole in the back of the cupboard ready fer drilling the outside tap the waste hole and if it turns into a raging inferno you can put a cat flap in too

I actually find I'm less likely to scorch stuff as I can use a smaller flame.

So there is a Mapp fan base too. I thought I was out on a limb for a second. When all you use is Mapp, and have to use propane for whatever reason, its painful.

COME ON!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back