Discuss Manufacturers fixed price repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Do you offer this to customers or not?

Example, I have a 10 year old Vaillant with f62 could be PCB or gas valve
PCB is around £250 for the part
Fixed price repair around £300

I have just repaired it with a new pressure sensor for F75 and luckily they had F62 before I arrived so I am not to blame

Yes eg if the fan takes the pcb out so they need a fan and pcb average fan around 150 pcb around 200 so 350 before labour so in my eyes not worth the hassle better off suggesting man repair

Do you offer this to customers or not?

Example, I have a 10 year old Vaillant with f62 could be PCB or gas valve
PCB is around £250 for the part
Fixed price repair around £300

I have just repaired it with a new pressure sensor for F75 and luckily they had F62 before I arrived so I am not to blame
I like repairs so I’d rather do them myself instead of recommending fixed prices.

even if its going to cost the customer more money?
It’s hard to say, as I really enjoy repairs. I don’t like to be beaten by a boiler. I would thought about fixed prices for long time but I think that’s not really worth it. Fixed prices are worth when you really know almost everything and you can be sure you can fix the boiler for a certain price. Everyone on here has a didpfferent approach in handling their customers.

£50 more but something might else go when you flip it back on etc I would

Reply to Manufacturers fixed price repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock