Search the forum,

Discuss makita 7.2 driver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anybody got one of these, just looking for something that ll fit in the bottom of a stanley tool box, just for doing the usual , screwing clips, rad brackets and lifting floorboard screws ect!!! or can anybody recomend a better one! thanks

[DLMURL="http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bosch-gsb-108-2-li-2-x-20-ah-l-boxx-li-ion-2-speed-combi-drill-in-l-boxx.html?gclid=CIG6pqHnkrsCFeTLtAodfAEAEw"]Bosch GSB 10,8-2-LI Professional cordless combi[/DLMURL]

I have this in my toolbox at all times and although light and compact seems to do mostly what an 18v does.

Highly recomended.

Last edited by a moderator:
As phil said thats a good little piece of kit.

do you want a drill driver or an impact though?

He wants a drill driver combi drill with a proper little chuck.

Hmm, this ones 50 quid more but just add 15 quids worth of drill bits or bits for free.
Upside it is a more meaty drill and you can easily pick up a right angle drill bare for 65 quid on ebay and a multi tool for around 85 to go with the battery's.

down side is it is a touch bigger than that bosch and the extra bit of dosh

Milwaukee M12Cpd 202C 4002395001019 M12 12V Li Ion Fuel Combi Drill 2X2Ah With 13Mm Chuck M12Cpd

if you want tiny then go with the bosch.

on a side note you can go with a combo pack with a pair of 4ah batts and a meaty little impact for another 90.

Milwaukee M12Pp2A 402C 12V M12 Fuel Combi Drill And Impact Driver Twin Pack

Dewalts sub compact offering are well.... Alot bigger than either of these!

ÂŁ71.99, bargain !

Makita 10.8V Li ion Drill HP330WWX2 - Makita Power Tools - Power Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

Makita-10-8V-Li-ion-Drill-HP330WWX2_medium.jpg

im just thinking that the 7.2 would take much less space in my toolbox and a handyer size to fi in awkward places, i just want it to screw screws! no drilling

the drill + impacts + 2 batts never make more than 90 squid on ebay...
I can't find that deal, a few cheap Chinese copies, still more than 90 quid though. I recently sold my used kit on there for ÂŁ120, to fund my Milwaukee 12v stuff

im just thinking that the 7.2 would take much less space in my toolbox and a handyer size to fi in awkward places, i just want it to screw screws! no drilling
You don't want a drill if you are just using screws, get an impact driver, 10v stuff is small enough for everything i have ever needed

Hmm, this ones 50 quid more but just add 15 quids worth of drill bits or bits for free.
Upside it is a more meaty drill and you can easily pick up a right angle drill bare for 65 quid on ebay and a multi tool for around 85 to go with the battery's.

down side is it is a touch bigger than that bosch and the extra bit of dosh

Milwaukee M12Cpd 202C 4002395001019 M12 12V Li Ion Fuel Combi Drill 2X2Ah With 13Mm Chuck M12Cpd

if you want tiny then go with the bosch.

on a side note you can go with a combo pack with a pair of 4ah batts and a meaty little impact for another 90.

Milwaukee M12Pp2A 402C 12V M12 Fuel Combi Drill And Impact Driver Twin Pack

Dewalts sub compact offering are well.... Alot bigger than either of these!

your saying that the dewalts are bigger than a m12 drill with a xc battery? your off your rocker! :)

ive got both dewalt and milwaukee sub compact screwdrivers and drill drivers and the dewalts are the easier to get along with. Tho the milwaukee has a better range and make some wicked m12 tools.

your saying that the dewalts are bigger than a m12 drill with a xc battery? your off your rocker! :)

ive got both dewalt and milwaukee sub compact screwdrivers and drill drivers and the dewalts are the easier to get along with. Tho the milwaukee has a better range and make some wicked m12 tools.

Really!! Hmm ive never had them side beside but when ive used the dewalts i thought they were more bulky.....hmm!

actually i haven't picked up my 12 impact and driver for almost a year...

my bad !!

i think the biggest difference between the two is the grip, the dewalts have a perfect grip size for me. my milwaukee and bosch 10.8s are not as comfortable to use as the batts sits in the handle.

i think the biggest difference between the two is the grip, the dewalts have a perfect grip size for me. my milwaukee and bosch 10.8s are not as comfortable to use as the batts sits in the handle.
They are all brilliant if we are honest, we are all nit picking. I sold all my Makita 10v because, in part, of the stupid case. We are living in the future with this gear, it is amazing and apparently they are all the same voltage, it is just branding.

Bosch
Dewalt
Makita
Milwaukee

Only 4 i have used, all quality 10v stuff.

for screwing definitely get an impact driver much better than a drill/combo dont waste money on exspensive bits just buy the bosch boxes of 25 in screwfix and chuck them if they start slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to makita 7.2 driver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock