Discuss Main pressures for unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a job to price for an unvented hot water cylinder, I have taken water pressures as follows

Standing 4bar
Dynamic 0.5-0.8
flow rate of 22ltr/m

The incoming main is 25mm mdpe.

I know most manufacturers recommend a dynamic pressure of 1.5 bar, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Your flow rate and incoming pressure look spot on, how did u work out your dynamic pressure ???

Hiya Kris

due to the fact its a new build and there's only a stopcock no sink or anything, I rigged up an length of 22mm with a tee which had my pressure tester attached and after that I reduced down to 15 and used a standard service valve as an out let.

Service valve open water running = dynamic pressure

probably not the most scientific method but not a lot of options

Thanks for the reply

every single manufacturer says different mega flow say 3 bar inlet, WB say 1.5 dynamic, glenhill say 3 bar dynamic... my recordings fall foul of all

28f6e0d2395d9408c82c3c972fe847c5.jpg

Do what I recently did and launch it in . F100 the regs and mi.

How far was the 15mm outlet from tee? Usually need a bit of back pressure, a 1/2 open cheap ball valve usually best.

The 15mm out let was about 1.5 meter away from the tee, enough to pop out the kitchen window haha

Ahh damn I measured it when fully open maybe I should have left it half open?

Put in the small print on the quote that the water supply is assumed adequate and the responsibility of the builder/ main contractor to ensure its suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main pressures for unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Back