Search the forum,

Discuss Main pressures for unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a job to price for an unvented hot water cylinder, I have taken water pressures as follows

Standing 4bar
Dynamic 0.5-0.8
flow rate of 22ltr/m

The incoming main is 25mm mdpe.

I know most manufacturers recommend a dynamic pressure of 1.5 bar, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Your flow rate and incoming pressure look spot on, how did u work out your dynamic pressure ???

Hiya Kris

due to the fact its a new build and there's only a stopcock no sink or anything, I rigged up an length of 22mm with a tee which had my pressure tester attached and after that I reduced down to 15 and used a standard service valve as an out let.

Service valve open water running = dynamic pressure

probably not the most scientific method but not a lot of options

Thanks for the reply

every single manufacturer says different mega flow say 3 bar inlet, WB say 1.5 dynamic, glenhill say 3 bar dynamic... my recordings fall foul of all

28f6e0d2395d9408c82c3c972fe847c5.jpg

Do what I recently did and launch it in . F100 the regs and mi.

How far was the 15mm outlet from tee? Usually need a bit of back pressure, a 1/2 open cheap ball valve usually best.

The 15mm out let was about 1.5 meter away from the tee, enough to pop out the kitchen window haha

Ahh damn I measured it when fully open maybe I should have left it half open?

Put in the small print on the quote that the water supply is assumed adequate and the responsibility of the builder/ main contractor to ensure its suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main pressures for unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock