Search the forum,

Discuss Main Medway water heater flame goes out as you turn on ho****er. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Went to a fault and had a quick look as i passing through with a view to going back later in the day.

pilot will light and stay on but as soon as you turn the hot water tap it lights for a second then goes with the sound of the fsd clicking straight away. could this be a thermocouple on its way out or the pilot not covering it.

any help pointing me in the right direction would be a great help.

never realised hot water without a space has a naughty word in it. :rolleyes4:

The pilot jet is partly blocked and requires removing and cleaning

thanks puddle. i would have looked at this but giving us a heads up saves a bit of time scratching my head.

:iagree: usually the injector gets blocked or the mixing tube lints up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Medway water heater flame goes out as you turn on ho****er. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath, I can hear the gas flame turning on and off…and the bath water is quite cold…..if I leave the tap running for say 5 mins, then the gas does stay on...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer that speaks English! Both the engineer that built the fireplace and the heating engineer that service the system dont agree with each other on system...
Replies
Views
I moved into a flat over a month ago now and realized when trying to take a shower that there was little to no hot water - at this time I would turn the water on full out, it would stay cold for maybe 30 sec, it would then get noticeably warmer (lukewarm) and then run out again in maybe 15...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a WB Greenstar 30 Si and I am having a problem where the DHW intermittently cuts out then comes back on after a couple of mins. It happens on all taps/showers including the kitchen tap. When the problem occurs the flame light on the boiler goes on and the fault indicator light stays...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock