Search the forum,

Discuss Magnacleanse issue connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

I did start a magnacleanse thread previously but I can't seem to find it.

Quick question

Can I use a magnacleanse flush on a system where there is no filter installed? Is it possible to disconnect the pump and connect the hoses?

I know I'm going to be told sell a filter on the job but there is no space above the boiler.

Hi

I did start a magnacleanse thread previously but I can't seem to find it.

Quick question

Can I use a magnacleanse flush on a system where there is no filter installed? Is it possible to disconnect the pump and connect the hoses?

I know I'm going to be told sell a filter on the job but there is no space above the boiler.
Can you get to the return in the airing cupboard if it has one?

Or you could connect the silver fitting from the magnacleanse to 2 x 22mm x 3/4 JG connectors.

I can remove the pump in the airing cupboard, would that do?

I can remove the pump in the airing cupboard, would that do?
What are you going to use to circulate the water around the system if you do that? Is there enough pipe above the boiler to cut a section out. Then use 2x JG elbows and solder the piece you cut out back in after the flush is done?

I have looked at the instructions and it looks as though it's a case of drain the heating, connect the magnacleanse, half fill the rads then 1 rad at a time operate the magnacleanse so don't need a cold supply. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

Yes you can but you would need to tap into the main return so in reality you might as well as install a filter it's just the cost of the filter since you've already drained down etc

Yes you can but you would need to tap into the main return so in reality you might as well as install a filter it's just the cost of the filter since you've already drained down etc

No problem fitting a filter, as you said all drained down it's a ten minute job but I can't fit one in above the boiler.

What is the next best place to connect?

Anywhere on the main return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse issue connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock