Search the forum,

Discuss Magnacleanse....but not magnacleanse? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

Long story short....had someone out to quote on powerflush....they suggested chemical flush using a magnacleanse. So went with that based on their recommendation...

When they came out to do the job...it turned out their was not enough flow of water to pump through the big magnacleanse, so they just filtered through the magnaclean pro 2 that got fitted.
They went round the radiators with the vibrating drill but am not sure what good it was doing if there was no significant water flow through the system? Water in the system is still quite dark (but not as dark as it was previous). Radiators do seem to be hotter but that may be due to the new pump fitted on my request(old one was on way out).

Plumber said the magnacleanse didnt work due to it being a gravity fed system and not enough flow to flush it round.

Also , thinking about it...not sure if they emptied the water out after vibrating the radiators (think he put some chemical sludge remover -setinal in at the begining)

Have i been shortchanged on the magnacleanse and should they have dumped the water out with the chemicals in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they should have dumped the dirty water out, flushed through with clean water and then dumped again before refilling and adding inhibitor. You are correct that without decent flow rate the suspended particles will not be flushed out as completely.

However, as he has agitated the radiators and dislodged the compacted sludge, most of it will make its way round to the Magnaclean and be trapped. Just keep cleaning that out every few months. Most system cleaners will self-neutralise over time but there's one in particular that will not, and is pretty aggressive. I would insist that he comes back to drain the system, do a mains flush and add inhibitor.

Yes they should have dumped the dirty water out, flushed through with clean water and then dumped again before refilling and adding inhibitor. You are correct that without decent flow rate the suspended particles will not be flushed out as completely.

However, as he has agitated the radiators and dislodged the compacted sludge, most of it will make its way round to the Magnaclean and be trapped. Just keep cleaning that out every few months. Most system cleaners will self-neutralise over time but there's one in particular that will not, and is pretty aggressive. I would insist that he comes back to drain the system, do a mains flush and add inhibitor.

To be fair, he had only quoted half day labour to do the work (fitting new pump, magnaclean filter, drain valve and to do the chemical flush). Ended up spending approx 5 hours as they took an hour fixing a airlock on refill and issues with fitting the drain valve. I did see him put a bottle of x100 into the filter at the end before he left.

I will speak to him again and see what he says about the sludge remover chemicals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you need a proper flush

IMG_4093.jpgIMG_4108.jpgIMG_4109.jpgIMG_4111.jpg IMG_4093.jpgIMG_4108.jpgIMG_4109.jpgIMG_4111.jpgHi, this is a few photos of a "power flush " I did a few days ago with my Magnacleanse and proflush. This system was so sludged up the magna cleanse would not have worked, I had three drop feed double rads which the proflush had no issues dealing with. I have a new toy so happy to play with it! I clean the magnets 4 times on an 8 rad system, it took me 6 hours flushing but sorted the issue. Cheers

Last edited:
The magnacleanse is good but relies on the C/H circulator which is not very powerful and you cannot reverse flush with it either & is no substitute for a powerflush machine. for best results It should be used with a powerflush machine attached to it. Unbelievable results when used with the correct cleaner chemicals and half the time taken to powerflush without the magnacleanse attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse....but not magnacleanse? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have an open vented system with magnaclean filter installed at the return pipe close to boiler. I understand how the magnacleanse cleaning process works for my system but am wondering about flushing it out afterwards. Adey recommend connecting mains pressure with a pressure gauge at...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock