Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure - Firebird oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Firebird oil boiler (cant find the number) that works fine until the water pipes 'clonk' and then the hot water pressure drops. I switch the tap off and on again it works for a while until the 'clonk'. The cold water pressure is fairly high (normal) but when I reduce it to stop the 'clonk' the heating works but its pressure is not sufficient to have a good shower. The clonk comes from inside the boiler but cannot put my finger on exactly where. Is there a valve to control such events? We have always had high water pressure and its been running fine for years up till now.

Thank you for your help. I am keeping an eye on the cold water pressure, keeping it low enough to have a shower. If it plays up again I will have to get the engineer to check and change the mixer valve. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low hot water pressure - Firebird oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock