Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure - Firebird oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Firebird oil boiler (cant find the number) that works fine until the water pipes 'clonk' and then the hot water pressure drops. I switch the tap off and on again it works for a while until the 'clonk'. The cold water pressure is fairly high (normal) but when I reduce it to stop the 'clonk' the heating works but its pressure is not sufficient to have a good shower. The clonk comes from inside the boiler but cannot put my finger on exactly where. Is there a valve to control such events? We have always had high water pressure and its been running fine for years up till now.

Thank you for your help. I am keeping an eye on the cold water pressure, keeping it low enough to have a shower. If it plays up again I will have to get the engineer to check and change the mixer valve. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low hot water pressure - Firebird oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock