Search the forum,

Discuss Low gas pressure between meter and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melanie Gazey

We have a Glowworm betacom 30c combi-boiler coming the end of its second year. We had a glowworm engineer round yesterday as part of our guarantee because the hot water hasn't been working properly (heats up and then switches off every 30 seconds or so) unless the water is run at a fairly slow trickle.

He replaced a part in boiler but found that the gas pressure at the boiler (when hot run on full) is only 14mbs and should be 18mbs at least). He checked the pressure at the meter and said this was fine so advised that we have the pipes between the meter and boiler changed.

Does this sound a correct option? Hacving read other forums could there be a problem with the meter governor and would EDF energy (my supplier) come and check this free first?

Many thanks, Melanie

We have a Glowworm betacom 30c combi-boiler coming the end of its second year. We had a glowworm engineer round yesterday as part of our guarantee because the hot water hasn't been working properly (heats up and then switches off every 30 seconds or so) unless the water is run at a fairly slow trickle.

He replaced a part in boiler but found that the gas pressure at the boiler (when hot run on full) is only 14mbs and should be 18mbs at least). He checked the pressure at the meter and said this was fine so advised that we have the pipes between the meter and boiler changed.

Does this sound a correct option? Hacving read other forums could there be a problem with the meter governor and would EDF energy (my supplier) come and check this free first?

Many thanks, Melanie

Under sized pipework from meter to boiler,if it is a recent installation get the fitter back to rectify.

It was fitted in January 2010 - is this recent enough to get the fitter back? we have all the certifcates he gave us still.

yes its undersized or blocked pipework, ask engineer back to rectify.

i agree it's undersized or blocked pipe & get installer back to check, gas pipe to boiler is better to be 22mm, you might find that some 15mm pipe has been used. you may be able to see some or all of the gas pipe yourself. hope this helps.

Having tried to get installer info, turns out his is no longer gas safe registered!! Looks like we'll be getting quotes to have it done by someone else :(

He should still have to arrange the works to be rectified if its down to his error whether hes gas safe or not

ok i thought you meant you had found contact info but hes no longer gsr

Unfortunately not, the gas safe certificate we have justs has hios name and gas safe number (which is no longer valid). :(

Have you had any other work done involving any gas since this boiler was fitted?
What part of Stafford are you? I am in Halesowen which is about 40 mins from south Staffs.

Have you had any other work done involving any gas since this boiler was fitted?
What part of Stafford are you? I am in Halesowen which is about 40 mins from south Staffs.

We've had the bathroom replaced which did replace some old pipes to the sink and bath. We're in ST16, basically the center of Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low gas pressure between meter and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock