Discuss Low Boiler Pressure ? Megalflo Heatrae Sadia ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trotz

Hi guys

This is my first post so be gentle with me.

I've recently moved into a house which has a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia unit in the kitchen and a boiler unit on the inside wall of the garage.

I have no experience with this type of system and systems in general however I noticed today that the boiler unit on the garage wall is almost on "zero".

Can you please give me some simple advice on what to do ?

Thanks.

Trotz .... What is the make and model of the unit in the garage?

Hi mate

It's an "Ideal Classic" Gas Boiler in the garage and it has a dial on the bottom right hand corner which is nearly on zero

Sorry - I mean bottom left hand corner !

It's an Ideal Classic RS 50 Gas Boiler if that helps

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a pressurised system and for whatever reason you have lost all your pressure, I normally have a few beers which helps me with mine....

However, there may be a silver flexi hose attached to the underside of the boiler, this is the filling loop, have you got one of these

Ok - I was relying on secondhand info and have just gone down to look for myself.

Firstly, the dial is at the top left hand side and not down the bottom.

It says "Sealed System" near the top of the boiler and there are no hoses attached to the underside of the boiler.

Weird thing is that heating and hot water seem to be working ok at the moment so maybe there is still some pressure there ?

when the boiler is cold and the system is off the pressure should be at about 1.5 bar, if the system is now working don't touch it you may cause another problem. I'd wait and see what it says in the morning.

If you have got a boiler manual have a look at topping the system up/re-pressuring it. You will probably have an internal filling loop which is basically a lever you twist to let water in.

Thanks secret squirrel. I'll check it again when I get home from work tomorrow pm before the system is on.

I do have a manual for the Megaflo and will have a read throuigh it to see what needs doing.

Cheers

Trotz

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the boiler manual you need to look at mate, not the mega flow manual

Oh, ok. I don't seem to have one for the boiler. Maybe I can find one on the net somewhere.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Boiler Pressure ? Megalflo Heatrae Sadia ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock