Discuss Losing Out On Jobs Because Not VAT Registered. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Priced up a barn conversion. Twenty four thousand pounds materials and Labour. Labour was just under seven thousand.

Now the customer apparently only has to pay 5% vat, and has come back this morning to say he is probably going to go with the other company as they are cat registered and it will be easier.

Anybody had the same thing? Anybody any creative ideas to overcome this?

I've had something similar. Customer was blind and new shower cubicle was classed as an adaptation, so he was exempt from having to pay VAT, but I wasn't going to charge VAT. All I could suggest was that he buy his own materials.

This was what he sent me this morning.

I will let you know shortly, but with such a big part of the job being materials I may have to go with someone who is VAT registered. This will not only save me quite a bit now, but should make the eventual overall VAT refund more straightforward as everything will be at 5%.

This was what he sent me this morning.

I will let you know shortly, but with such a big part of the job being materials I may have to go with someone who is VAT registered. This will not only save me quite a bit now, but should make the eventual overall VAT refund more straightforward as everything will be at 5%.
I would leave him to it mate.

Reply to Losing Out On Jobs Because Not VAT Registered. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock