Search the forum,

Discuss looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brackenlodge

Can anyone help? I have a 30 yr old Seamaster 30 motor cruiser and the shower mixer unit in the head has a 1" threaded male hose outlet which was connected to a standard 3/4" shower hose via a chromed brass reducer. The reducer has corroded and disintegrated and I have found it impossible to find a replacement as all the reducers I've come across so far are 3/4" to 1/2". A friend suggested replacing the mixer tap with a more modern fitting but that would be very difficult to replace because the pipe connections are out of reach and a gas fridge/floor/holding tank would all have to be removed and reinstated so tha would be a last resort. Does anyone know where I could find a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer? - It doesn't matter whether its chrome/brass/white as long as I get something. Tom

Most towns have a trade plumbers merchants which is the oldest and most established one there. They usually have a treasure trove of oddments. The one in my town would have one of those I bet. Have a ring around.

toolstation item 42593 1" to 3/4" brass bush 92p plus delivery.

Thanks Guys, tried oldest local plumbers merchants and toolstation don't have it in stock. I've sent enquiries to a few other online plumbing suppliers and awaiting replies - any other suggestions out there. Tom

How about trying somewhere like BSS, because its a bit bigger than a normal bush (slightly more commercial in size) they might stock something.

I think you might be looking for a yorkshire YP70 fitting from what you described. Most plumbers merchants should have one of these i'd have thought (eg PTS, Plumb Center)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I have ever seen and I am unable to find any replacement hose of similar connector type. btw: When I removed the hose , there was no loose rubber washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve tried finding something that would be compatible but no joy. Ideal would be a mixer head with the same centres. Does anyone have any idea as to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The pipe work from the shower mixer valve is exposed silver colour pipework. the pipe work will run up from the valve then take a hard left at the ceiling...
Replies
Views
I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit the Australian copper pipe sizes of ½ and ¾ Can anyone suggest where to get these? Thank you in advance Antony Tap 1 From the USA - has a 3/8 pt...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock