Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Combi 24 - Radiator does not work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrWing

Hi,

I am new to this forum and not familiar with how the thermostats and boiler actually work so please be patient with me

Basically the radiator has stopped working since February, it was working fine and then the next day when we decided to turn it on, IT STOPPED WORKING. Usually when we turn it on the boiler lights up blue, then it just stopped working where we turn the switch on it does not light up blue at all!

We turn on the radiator by the boiler (Logic Combi 24) by the front switches, we don't operate the radiator to turn on specific times by the thermostat as it all seems to complex whereas on the boiler switching it to the right would just turn on all radiators seems the easy option.

Could someone help as to why the radiator went from working fine to not working at all.

EMPHASIS

We operate the radiator through the boiler, not the thermostat.

Operate it by turning the front switch on Mode -> turning it to the right (symbol of tap + radiator)

Can you post a picture of your boiler?
Might be easier to see what setup you have.

Is it one radiator not working or all radiators?

Hi,

How do I post a picture up, sorry I am new on this forum so please be patient with me and its all radiators.

search

Hi, I don't know if you can see this picture, but this is the exact same boiler as mine only that I got mine of the internet.

On the far right dial, we usually turn on the radiators by turning this dial to the right which then the boiler lights up blue indicating the radiators are all on, but this suddenly stopped working one day.

You can click on the 'insert image' button should be 3rd in from the right above where you type a reply

ideal-logic-24kw-combi-boiler-183952107_0_250x250.jpg

Does your boiler have anything in the square below the four dials? (it may be behind a flap that you pull down)
How many wires come from the bottom of the boiler? Just one to the power supply on the wall or two?
When was the boiler installed?

Hi,

When trying to insert it states only URL images.

I tried to open the flap and it can't be opened. Im assuming it's just there for display.

There are two wires coming out from one pipe.

This boiler was installed last summer along with radiators, as before we only used central heating.

You should be able to select from url or from computer at the top.

Two wires would indicate you have some form of external control, a programmer or thermostat.
One wire for the power to the boiler the other from the external control.

Your best bet is to ask the installer back to explain how to use it. Worst case scenario they will call the manufacturer if the boiler is at fault.

Hi, sorry I dont seem to have that option at all.

Yes we have a thermostat downstairs, whereas the Logic Combi boiler is in my room, but the thing is the radiator was working fine back in February and then next day is completely stopped working, when we normally turn the far right dial to the right it would light up blue indicating radiators are on, but it stopped doing that.

See we only had it for a some months before it stopped working so were not sure whether its us or the boiler at fault. We don't really use the thermostat and not touched it as we not sure how it is used but I personally don't think it has anything to do with the thermostat IF we been turning on the radiator via the boiler.

tell me what model or make or brand the thermostat and/or programmers are!!! I am pretty sure it is external controls, maybe they reset or lost signal or even got turned down by a mysterious ghost who was feeling hot!! (it happens)
As said before you need to work out if it is this, then if not call manufacturer as boiler should be under warranty!!

It is a Portable 'Honeywell' Thermostat which is downstairs whereas the boiler is upstairs

search
I don't know if you can view this picture, but this is a picture of the thermostat.

You see I don't know how to properly use the thermostat, we turn on the radiators via the boiler dials on the front.

I cant see pic but check on thermostat for the temperature, is it 10 degrees or higher?
there should be a model number on there somewhere!!

it is 22.5 degrees so yes its higher than 10 and there is no serial number on this thermostat what so ever, I can't seem to attach a picture of it as it does not let me.

does hot water work?
do you have a programmer?? or is it built into the thermostat?
you need to make sure the programmer is asking for heat!!

Hot water works perfectly fine, just the radiator and the programmer is in the thermostat I think or there are four dials on the boiler.

I son't understand how the radiator goes from working on one day to not working the next day, it was working for a good few months perfectly fine without us touching the thermostat at all as it was already set.

turn thermostat down and then up, higher than room temperature. have your boiler in winter mode (knob on tap+rad icon). However installer should explain how to operate your system. As mentioned, thermostat may need syncing again as could have lost signal with receiver.

Select manual and increase the temperature to above your current room temp.

Evolution at work! Survival of those that can operate a thermostat pneumonia for the rest. Go to the manufacturers website of your thermostat and download the instructions in your language. Then apply the information you have gleaned.

Did I read you got your boiler on the internet? Who might I ask fitted it for you?

I hope you are not a Troll and infact do require assistance in operating your thermostat and boiler!

Last edited:
So I turned on Manual and then turn the knob to Water + Rad and it worked the flame came on and radiators came on, but then i turned it off and then tried turning it back on the blue light didn't come back on.

Looks like spending a bit of money and calling an engineer out. I know you don't want to but we have to earn a little now and then.

I am a strong believer in, don't touch anything you don't understand,
so please turn it off and either read the manuals or get an engineer in to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic Combi 24 - Radiator does not work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope some one can help. I have a condensing oil burner and it runs fine but the radiators don't heat. Heats the hot water fine. The pump runs and the thermostat turns the boiler on and off. Thinking it could be a thermistor. All help greatly appreciated.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock