Discuss Left boiler tap open wrong way in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I recently posted a problem I was having with my boiler pressure filling tap not letting in water - didn’t get a reply as per - but I have found out why and that is I had turned the right knob the wrong way hence why the left tap which brings in water wasn’t working.

My question is as I have clearly left the right knob open for days thinking it was closed, will this have harmed my system in any way?

You may want to check the system pressure, and pressure relief valve (Prv). You may have caused the prv to operate, and this may not seat correctly. Also I’ve known issues be caused to the expansion vessel for his reason too.

Did you notice the boiler pressure rise / above 2.5 bar ?

Looks fine then I would say

Reply to Left boiler tap open wrong way in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
M
my 85 year old mum left hot water tap running and boiler on full with window open for 3 days now boiler wont work any ideas
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Back