Discuss Leaking PHE inlet block on Heatslave II 25/32 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Could the broken white ring/washer/seal actually be the dried residue of a sealant applied during production (eg to ease assembly), or alternatively a residue build up perhaps due to a small leak over time? True the latter is unlikely without other evidence.
Surely the o-rings are supposed to provide the sealing function? I don't understand why there would be an additional hard material added as a separate component when the plastic moulding could have included that function at reduced cost.
If you just assemble with new o-rings does it still leak?
Thanks to all for the advice. I’m guessing it could be paste/sealant but seems a poor way to effect a seal. Yes, still leaks with new oring.
Maybe I should try some jointing compound. Best photo I can take of the seal? In 3 pieces.

Attachments

• AB02B755-36E0-4F74-8BB9-925888E0FB21.jpeg
    AB02B755-36E0-4F74-8BB9-925888E0FB21.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 15
That’s a 1/2 fibre washer

Thanks to all for the advice. I’m guessing it could be paste/sealant but seems a poor way to effect a seal. Yes, still leaks with new oring.
Maybe I should try some jointing compound. Best photo I can take of the seal? In 3 pieces.
Perhaps there was a previous problem with a leak, and someone stuck it in there as a remedy! 🤪
If there's any damage on the mating surfaces, and a genuine new o-ring still leaks, surely time for new components?

Can enlarge fibre washer id with a rats tail file and reduce od with a flat file - wouldn’t be the first one to get ‘adjusted’ for a new purpose.

I wouldn’t use jointing compound, just let the fibre washer do it’s job - it’ll swell up and seal.
Tighten it all up and if it drips a bit, catch the water and wait…. it should seal…..

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I have the same leak and also found a broken grey/white washer. Doesn't look like fibre. It's 20mm outer diameter 10mm inner and maybe 1.5mm thick.

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Leaking PHE inlet block on Heatslave II 25/32 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
From the look of what's on the forum board, there does not seem to be too much in the way of big plumbing works being posted, I might have been...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock