Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking mixer tap (ceramic valve) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David66316

Hi just after a bit of advise, I was at a customers house replacing toilet, no iso valves anywhere so turned water of at main, when installed and water turned back on, the basin mixer tap was leaking, I've replaced both ceramic disc cartridges on cold and hot and its still leaking, ive also reseated the taps but to no avail, so have any of you guys got any ideas?? It was working perfect before I turned water off,

maybe the stopcock wasn't open right up before but it is now

Agree with steveb, try putting on a couple of ISO valves then you can play with the flow.

OR:

there was a lot of crud in the pipe so its damaged both sets of ceramic discs.

unless new discs were identical from the manufacturer maybe they don't sit correctly.

Cheers for the replies, I've tried the stopcock and it's still trickling out, but I find if I push on the handle it stops, just can't work it out and Its making me look like I can't do anything cas she's adamant it's my fault

If the water is still trickling out sounds like something is not seated properly, did you use the tap manufacturers discs?

If not they are probably not seated correctly or slightly the wrong size. I suppose you have 2 options, get the new discs from the manufacturer or a cheap replacement tap,

I'd explain that these things sometimes happen and that you've not had anything to do with the tap, see if the customer will pay for the tap and you fit for free! always better to compromise.

I'd have pointed out it wasn't my fault immediately. It's not her fault either. But it is her responsibility. Are you responsible for every knock on effect that occurs from turning the water on and off? (bar those you could guard against like flushing supplies where convenient and turning it on slowly if there are elec showers) I don't see why you should be.

Take tap out and check if the discs are lining up as they should(hate disc taps)

I never try and repair the damn things, takes you age to try and find the blasted discs they're expensive as well, better off starting again.

Cheers everyone ended up getting cartridges from the manufacturer and they worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking mixer tap (ceramic valve) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock