Discuss Leak from toilet cistern inlet pipe. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice that you are able to give me.

I am having an issue with the inlet pipe to my toilet cistern. I have attached a photo of the setup but the water is leaking from the join between the metal nut at the top and the plastic pipe coming from the cistern.

The leak can be stopped by isolating the water supply using the screw shown in the photo, but whenever it is opened up again (to fill the cistern) the leak starts again.

Does anybody have any advice on how best to fix this or what may be causing the leak?
1587908019655.png

If you are certain that it is there and not higher with water running down the thread above then you can try a gentle nip up on the joint or dismantle the joint and replace the fibre washer under the nut.

Reply to Leak from toilet cistern inlet pipe. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Back