Discuss Late invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Invoice a landlord for works carried out last week, the invoice was due yesterday so leave it till now to fire an email over something to the effect of "gentle prod invoice now late" get an email back saying he will be looking at the job on Sunday and then will settle the invoice then...Fear Not!!

what a plank, didn't fancy looking when I finished on Wednesday the prat.

Ive got a landlord at the mo who owes me ÂŁ535, need to come up with a plan of attack so to speak

Google "late payment law" definitely worth putting that clause on all invoices from now on. Compensation depending on amount owed and a percentage above Bank of England base rate, calculated daily.

great website, used it a couple of times in the past

Company i work for say`s
Any amount not settled at this time will be subject to interest at a rate of 10% over the xxxx bank rate accured on a daily basis plus any expenses incurred.
Don`t know if it`s legal or not but it`s there in Black n White.

I'm owed f@@@ing thousands sick of hearing bull dust excuses no wonder people go bust

I nearly had a seizure today, bloody woman didn't have any money to pay for the boiler service. It's an on going repair, but it's just not good enough. I even offered to take her to the bank and I even said I had enough room for her wheelchair in the van. Some people pffft.

Touch wood ive only had a couple of bad ones but generally its me that takes too long to get them out,

I'm owed f@@@ing thousands sick of hearing bull dust excuses no wonder people go bust

Been their before invoices build up and up before you know it your outstanding 20 k, Knocked all that aggro on the head way to risky and waiting weeks on end for payment only to be told when it's due payroll have forgot to put them through.

Now doing site work(which is coming to end) so paid end of week and do lots of little bits which rapidly mounts up.

Seems to be a good way to play this game

He will pay it just narks me that they **** about with it so much, sometimes think it's a power trip.

I've got a builder only owes me ÂŁ140.00 it's coming up to a month now, when I went out to the job it had to be put at the highest priority because it was holding the job up (not sure why he didn't notice the 2 pipes in the back of the cupboard when he priced the job) I spoke to him after I had finished the job and he said he would pay as soon as I got the invoice to him.

My dad is the accountant for a few local businesses so I asked about him only after the job did he remember he is a pain to get the money out of!

The ones that annoy me the most though are the ones that decide they have to nip off before you have finished thinking they will get out of paying.

If you walked out if tescos saying get the bill to me and I will pay it you'd get arrested.

Ive got a landlord at the mo who owes me ÂŁ535, need to come up with a plan of attack so to speak
I have a landlady who owes me a tenner less than yours(6 months now) I am awaiting my date in court now.

For fear of generalising, landlords and letting agents are ****bags.
Not many are honourable or trust worthy.
Jobs I've done such as bathrooms it's absolutely made clear that full payment Is due immediately, and I double check bluntly they can afford to do that.

had a cheque bounce once, straight in the van to the customer, who informed me she was off on holiday and would sort it when she got back. I informed her my van was in her drive until she found the cash, so she wouldn't be going off anywhere in her car! She immediately agreed to hop in the van to go to the bank to withdraw the cash, which we did. She got quite arsey when I drove home and parked up leaving her to walk the mile or so home :)

For fear of generalising, landlords and letting agents are ****bags.
Not many are honourable or trust worthy.
Jobs I've done such as bathrooms it's absolutely made clear that full payment Is due immediately, and I double check bluntly they can afford to do that.

Would pretty much agree with this. The only one we've managed to build a long term relationship with is Your Move as they pre-authorise us to charge up to a certain amount for each job. Saves wasting lots of time going out to quote for toilet repairs that the landlord then says are too expensive!!

I've been lucky with landlords.

I put on the invoice payment 7 days unless otherwise agreed. Late payments incur a fee.

Usually get paid ok. I won't work for anyone I don't like or trust (landlords/custards that is). I've been in properties with terrible tenants but as they're not paying I don't really care.

Would pretty much agree with this. The only one we've managed to build a long term relationship with is Your Move as they pre-authorise us to charge up to a certain amount for each job. Saves wasting lots of time going out to quote for toilet repairs that the landlord then says are too expensive!!

I don't really agree. Some good some bad. I avoid bad, don't need the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Late invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Excuse the rant that's about to follow, absolutely fuming and could do with a vent! Finished a bathroom 2nd fix in small ensuite for a uni...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock