Discuss Late 1940’s/Early 1950’s New Home (Not New World) Gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

No, not really. the only source I can think of is the aforementioned gas museum in leicester. (There is a museum in York that is for real life stuf, fwho may help) It may be worth sending them an image and asking what they know. Better that than phoning, as it is staffed by volunteers - if you get a well meaning but clueless bod, he will say what he thinks, rather than facts. Write an email, and anyone responding is more likely to ensure that they are accurate. And will be able to follow up if more info or thoughts becomes available.

EDIT: I just noticed that said that you are creating a period home. York may be a big help, and what about the living museum in the North East, I can't recall the name, but I went a few times as my wifes family is from the area. They have a lot of cottages etc of the 40/50's. I would have thouht these types of operations are happy to help others?

Where will your home be? Have you the premoses, and how far have you got? Will this be a commercial enterprise?

It is sobering to think that people born when that cooker was probably made are now in their very senior years.

FURTHER EDIT: Beamish. Wonderful place:
Beamish Unlimited - Beamish

Thank you for your reply, the home is in the Welsh Valleys of South Wales, my fiancé and I are currently living in a private rented one bedroom house which we may have the potential to buy in the future. I currently have a large number of vintage items which includes:

- 1957 English Electric Televisio
- 1952 Philips Radio
- 1940’s/50’s Cocktail Bar
- 1952 English Electric Refrigerator
- 1940’s/50’s Gas Cooker (as per this forum post)
- 1951 Electric Hotpoint Clothes Airer
- 1930’s-50’s Belling Champion 91a Electric Heater
- vintage pedestal/treadle sewing machine
- CC41 Wardrobe
- bookcase with glass panel doors
- 3 saucepans
- 1959/60 Premier Electric Toaster

This is more of a private moment investment and enterprise but am always happy to show people around, etc.

I am personally a self-proclaimed historian and historical interpreter having spent the past 16 years of my life (I am now 27 years old) dedicated to research and collecting items from the 1930’s through to 1959.

Hello everyone,

Further to recent research undertaken by myself, I have found out that some cookers can be used with a gas bottle (butane), can this be done for my cooker? I have come across a 1940’s cooker with the valve/taps (not knobs) and was wondering if it could be done.

I have also been in touch with the original manufacturers who do not have any records or details in this particular “Newhome” cooker, as well as this, I have also been in touch with National Gas Museum and again are unable to help, they do not have any manufacturers guides, or any information on this cooker, they checked their records and could not find anything. The Gas Museum also mentioned that they reckon this cooker is 1940’s due to the taps and the looks of things.

Any help, advice and guidance again would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

Really think you should get a
GSR engineer to help you. Your
project is fine but if things go wrong then your home insurance etc will be invalid by defenition and you most certainly invalidate any rental agreement you might have. In my final analysis where you to
produce a big bang you will be subject to criminal proceedings

its a lovely thing you are doing but beware...your mention of LPG..really is really scary maybe contact your local gas training centre whom have certificated safe areas which are supervised where you could finish your project in perfect safety

Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Late 1940’s/Early 1950’s New Home (Not New World) Gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Recent install Firebird 26kw Condensing boiler. Space heat only. Installed as replacement boiler in well insulated 80s renovated home. (Silver...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock