Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss landlords & unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipefitter

Hi all,what is the landlords responsibility with unvented cylinders.....do they have to have them serviced annually?

I think every Unvented installation has to be serviced annually by law, not just rentals.
I don't think many are though.

Just rentals like gas...laws on private dwellings are very different.. Rental properties have to have safety certs on most things annually to tie in with insurance..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone point me to a bit of documentation that shows this, so I can show it to landlords when they try to argue with me.

Try contacting a manufacturer of the cylinders, as its their business they might be able to point you in the right direction or provide some literature to show the landlords

I dont think you will find anything worded exactly for this. what you will prob find is a landlord is responsible for keeping such stuff/ amenities maintained to a safe standard. manufacturers instructions will be regarded as a guideline to recommended checks etc...

if your doing a cp12, make a note of recommendation.

Last edited:
Are we talking "unvented system " or the boiler attached to said system. You need a landords cert for all gas appliance but not necessarily a service to go along with it. I am sure that you get all all the appliances tested and cert supplied for between ÂŁ50 and ÂŁ100 but if you wanted them all serviced that that would be the same again.
I don't think that the cylinder would even be looked at. When you rent out you only have to show the gas cert when asked, if asked for an electrical cert the landlord doesn't have to have one, or even public liability insurance or buildings insurance for that matter!

Are we talking "unvented system " or the boiler attached to said system. You need a landords cert for all gas appliance but not necessarily a service to go along with it. I am sure that you get all all the appliances tested and cert supplied for between ÂŁ50 and ÂŁ100 but if you wanted them all serviced that that would be the same again.
I don't think that the cylinder would even be looked at. When you rent out you only have to show the gas cert when asked, if asked for an electrical cert the landlord doesn't have to have one, or even public liability insurance or buildings insurance for that matter!

If it's student digs or HMO you need full periodic every 5 years and unvented serviced along with documented emergency lighting and fire alarms.

I spent about 5 years subbying for a major unvented manufacturer and I constantly asked them to put a massive sticker on the front of the cylinder saying it needed an annual service. It would help no end.
I have met loads of landlords over the years who know they should be serviced, and just laugh when you advise them.

The funny but scary thing is the damage an unvented can do, But the public have only been drilled about gas over the years.

The funny but scary thing is the damage an unvented can do, But the public have only been drilled about gas over the years.

Yeh it's because CO is the silent killer. Unvented is comparable to lamb chop in a paper bag ? Do u really need a tprv and a prv it's just hit water ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlords & unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock