Search the forum,

Discuss landlord cert input in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

i have an estate agent on my books, one of those small 2 man band types. he is a good chap and i get quite a lot of bread n butter repair work (all of it) from him so all is well, nice chap too.

he has used someone else in the past doing cp12's for around £35 a pop but he wants to do away with him as our business relationship gets better and now he wants me to do them as he says he trusts me to do a better job. on another breath he dosnt want to pay much more for them!. he has about 16+ properties of his own and i have my own set of keys so all good.
all the properties are within spitting distance of each other.

i have no idea in mind what to charge each. my normal one offs are £50 + £10 per appliance, each property have boiler and hob. so the conundrum is enough to not cut my own throat and low enough to keep everything ticking smoothly with the business relationship.:confused:

what do you think price wise is a good shot?

in advance..thanks

Can you do them all over 2/3 days? or is it spread out over the year?

I do boiler and hob/cooker for £50 incl cert, fires another £10/20,think that's cheap enough TBH
Direct him to other firms websites, see what they charge (make sure you pick the expensive ones)

Don't undersell yourself. But you could say, if we can do the lot in one go I eill charge you a day rate of x . And it will take x amount of time.

he wants me to charge him a day rate that will take the job from the other guy that does it for £35 a property. he does them in 2 days!.

16x35=£560= £280 a day but he also says him and his lad do them together the lad goes around doing the drop tests. one gsr and an apprentice!!

my day rate to regulars is £180 but would only include one document,

Tell him you'll do the lot for £500, it's a only safety check after all, any repair/remedial work is extra. And how long does it to fill out a cert? Keep him sweet, it sounds like a nice little number to me

If it takes you 3 days at your normal rate you are still just under the other chap ! have you done any of them B4 ? if not tell him £50 per property for the first year, what happens about servicing and any faults found at time of inspection, is he expecting a service being included in the price of the cert ? if not then give him a price for service & cert but not including the cost of any repairs, any faults found then you will report back and give a price to rectify.

he already knows i want more than the other guys £540. but he wants me to do them for the same ish price as he trusts me to do a better job hence giving me my own set of keys for all the properties. altough being a business he obviously dont want to spend more on the budget for the job.
he wants me to be vigillant whilst at each property and fix any faults found as i go on at a day rate then invoice for it. i will have full say in what needs doing.
he has a contract for boiler break downs and servicing with npower so i wont pick up any of those. i get all the plumbing jobs at all the properties for a reasonable jobbing price!

thinking £42 per cert as i will be actually doing more than the other guy for the £7 extra.
bloody hard to go low as my cheapest i have ever done is £50 for just meter and boiler@~@ something inside being resistant.lol

So my £75 for a cp12 would be too high then. Personally, I would go in at your normal rate as he knows you but just wants someone else but still cheap, if you do it cheap you do yourself out of earnings, if he doesnt like your price you lose a bit but you dont end up working for too little reward, it isnt as if your even going to get any repair work or servicing if npower have a contract. Try it for once and see what happens, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

did have this conversation last year with him 35v my 50. but, did him two last month for him after he asked me to service 2 boilers in the same block but he ment to say cp12¬
i charged £65 each cp12 and service he paid no problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord cert input in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock