Discuss Kitchen fitter prosecuted... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
[DLMURL="http://press.hse.gov.uk/2015/kitchen-fitter-prosecuted-for-endangering-homeowners-lives/"]Kitchen fitter prosecuted for endangering homeowners? lives | Media centre - HSE[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Something really needs to be done. Is it just me or are more and more of these stories coming out at the mo

I agree, publicity does put it in the public eye but I think the punishments need to be more of a deterrent. A slap on the wrist and an offer to join Gas Safe doesn't really cut it. These people are knowingly putting people's lives at risk it's almost attempted wilful man slaughter. Sorry, not a lawyer but that's my opinion. I fail to see the difference between someone getting in a car well over the limit and plowing into a group of people nearly killing one. A guy local to me was locked up for exactly this recently. I know none of these people set out to harm people but ultimately the result can be the same. Gas Safe need to earn our registration and protect our livelihood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen fitter prosecuted... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
C
Hello Everyone! My name is Cheyenne Strickler, and I am a recruiter with AmeriGas. I am currently hiring for a Service Technician in the...
Replies
Views
Cheyenne Strickler
C
  • Article
Enhance your kitchen's efficiency with the Delta Wall Mount Kitchen Faucet from Wallington Plumbing Supply. Crafted with precision, this fixture...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water...
Replies
Views
Back