Discuss Kingfisher MF Valve required! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Do any of you lovely engineers happen to have a new (obsolete) gas valve for a Kingfisher MF they want to get rid of? It's a VK4100T1000 / 5102729. (I have an engineer lined up to fit it.) Should be able to make it worth your while!

Cheers,
Mike.

Thanks Shaun!

Beeston are out of stock but have offered me a non-SOFTLITE version of the same valve and have told me that's okay for all size Kingfisher MFs. (I had put more detail here but the "post reply" button is telling me I'm spamming, so I've cut it out. That's okay,
it was probably TMI anyway.)

The "okay for all" appears to be unofficial. I spoke to Baxi and they confirmed that the official word is that the 5102729 part can be used on the smaller RS40 and RS50 but the non-softlite 5102728 is not (officially) usable on the RS60 and up.

So I'm back to looking again :-(

POTTERTON KINGFISHER 60-100 MF RANGE GAS VALVE 8402556 5102729 BRAND VK4100T1000
on e bay uk
Thanks, yeah. Sorry, I wrote a response to that in the detail I threw away earlier:

There's one on [that website] that's used (for a couple of hundred). I don't really want to go there yet, if my engineer even wanted to fit it. (The current valve I've got is kinda working - it's just that the PCB blows every few days. Hey, I could put it on [that website] afterwards! 😉 )

There's another one on [that website] for (clears throat!) six hundred and forty quid but I phoned via their retail website asking for a price and was told they were out of stock, so I'm using that as an excuse not to go there either.

There are others on [that website] labelled up 5102729 but they're actually the wrong part 🙁

Reply to Kingfisher MF Valve required! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock