Currently reading:
Just sad

Discuss Just sad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Is it just me that does this but on a night out with the misses after a couple of sherberts I go to the toilet and start inspecting the plumbing?
Thoughts like " how on earth are they going to get to that when it fails." or I wouldn't have done it that way" go through mind and then the missus doesn't seem that interested when I tell her about it on my return!?

you're normal mate. it's part of our remit as plumbers to check on the state of the plumbing wherever we go.

I take lids off cisterns and have a peek inside sometimes, I also wonder how those zero flush urinals work in Sainsburys?

I do it ALL the time. I mean ALL the time.

Not in a critical way at all. Just interested in how others do things.

We all do it and sometimes to extremes. I found myself shaking my head while looking at a flexie in a mortuary.

Found my self last night lifting up the marble lid on a concealed cistern -wasn't impressed lol

must admit its something i have done for ages, its all part of being a plumber i suppose

went away to majorca recently and once we got in our room i spent at least 45mins checking the plumbing out, the mrs and the child had already gone to the pool, i was not impressed either, when i told the mrs she gave me that 'look' so decided not to metion it again.

I always look at it, especially if it's poorly fitted or a clever way around a problem.

Think everyone does but what gets on my nerves is some of the vertical flues you some are just shocking

I'm even sadder.

I stitch it up.

Make it overflow, block it up, loosen stuff, twist taps around :jester:

Keeps us all in work

:21:

When ever im in the toon for a couple of drinks, or a building.... infact anywhere I do it had a few odd looks spending time look at radiators and the like. Though i was the only one :)

Yer ill put my hand up and say i do it aswell ! Seen a few bad ones ! Its never the same though when you are put and you go the toilets and its done properly ! Part of the fun is having a laugh at the mistakes etc !

Got to say though system3's post about the FGA made me laugh quite alot ! I prefer thet trusty voltstick when i go out, when i wave it round in the air next to the lights it lights up red !

It's amazing what you can find in high level urinal cisterns. Stolen purses, wallets and knives to name but a few.

My mate has barred me from talking about pub plumbing after going into detail about how good the pipe-bending is on the urinals in our local.
I'm still impressed by it every time I go in there, a work of art.
Before I was a plumber I would look down at the 'plumbing' when using a urinal and blame my disappointment on the fact that it was cold :1eye:

Hmm!

Solved the missus bit, taught her what to look for when she was young. Now she gives basic plumbing advice to anybody who asks her. Good advertising to have your missus telling her mates, you can get quite a few jobs out of it or in my case could if I had wanted too. So guys don't over look the potential of the missus/mum or your girlfriend/ boyfriend and mates as advertisers. Offer them a small token reward as well perhaps. :):smilewinkgrin:

Bugger the pipe work, what about the missing bolt on the door, and the jobbie some idle swine has left in the pan - apparently being so ignorant of modern plumbing that he didn't know what the handle sticking out of the wall was for!

Holding your breath and closing your eyes when relieving your bladder can involve quite precarious multi-tasking!

Who are these people who go around not flushing toilets?

Are they so proud of there dump that they leave it there for everyone else to have a butchers? Sometimes there's not even any paper in the bowl. :ack2:

Who are these people who go around not flushing toilets?

Are they so proud of there dump that they leave it there for everyone else to have a butchers? Sometimes there's not even any paper in the bowl. :ack2:

Yes, the absence of paper has often puzzled me! But if flushing a toilet is beyond them, I suppose learning to wipe their backside has been too much to master as well!

Time to change the subject - sorry about that!

There's a new Shell garage not far from me that has the best public toilets I've ever seen.

Two of them en-suite to the Shell shop.

General and disabled lay out. About 12 feet square, chromed pipe work, low-level Amitage Shanks suite with AS single lever thermostatic mixer, Dyson Air Blade, Slate effect tiles on floor, darkish wall tiles with full length mirrors, down lighting, alarm cords for disabled, everything has been done impeccably and it looks really classy - the design and fitting is a joy to behold. Fit a shower and it could be an en-suite in any four star hotel.

I've started buying my petrol there just so that I can use their toilet - well that, and the fact that the Tesco garage has become far too much hassle, i.e. twenty minutes sometimes just to fill up.

Was on holiday in Tenerife and took a peek inside a cistern to be confronted by the biggest cockroach i've ever seen. Lesson learned lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just sad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock