Discuss Just come across a job where both primary and secondary in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

richard978

Gas Engineer
Hi just come across an installation low pressure and primary and secondary meter both have regulators installed.

Pretty sure it's not allowed unless it's a two stage system but this is low pressure.

I've explained that the primary meter must be regulated but after that the secondary should not really have another regulator because it can cause low pressure issues. Which is why I was there.

Can anyone confirm this because I'm sure it used to be in the IGEM book

I will probably call gas safe on Tuesday but IGEM state the position of the primary meter and regulator must be in close proximity and the secondary meters are not shown with regulators.

It's kind of common sense because the purpose of the regulator is to take mains pressure gas and regulate it to 19-23 WP. Once that's been done there's no need to do it again.

What I don't know is how two regulators would impact the appliances. In this case it was taking about 2mb of pressure so was one of the causes of poor pressure. I'm pretty sure it's at risk situation because of the potential. In this case I upgraded to ID.... because the pipework was undersized and the pressure was so low it was impacting the appliance.

Just price to remove if they don’t accept upto them

Reply to Just come across a job where both primary and secondary in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Two connected houses in our 70s condo development, everyone served by one water meter at the road. 833 has 40 lbs of pressure while attached...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock