Discuss Issues with central heating policy and other shenanigans .. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks everyone for your advice so far :)
I was under the impression

Unfortunately, it appears that you have been mislead. I'm afraid that your 'impressions', as valid as they may appear in your (and often our) minds are worthless. Companies like this, and of course the law, rely on what is written.

The best advice, as already mentioned, is to develop a local relationship with a local plumber so they become 'your' plumber.:)

We, on here, hear it all and from all sides. Please don't be offended by what is written as it's not aimed directly at you. It simply is as it is.

You are now endowed with the Holy Grail of life - experience. YOu can now use that when you talk to the local plumber you'll find and you'll be all the better for it.

Personally, I'd be stopping payment immediately. Why throw good money after bad? Cut your losses, chalk it up to experience, and get on with what is important - enjoying life. ;)

Thanks again for your input :)
I am obviously not offended by anything here ,as you are all giving me your opinions and experiences
It's better to be told "as it is " rather than what you expect to hear . If that makes sense :D

One thing I would say though , regarding local plumber: when I first found the local plumbing co, the person I saw ( Paul ) was a nice guy and I got a good vibe . His dad owns the company . So I said to myself , that if anything went wrong I would use them again . So, in April last year, I contacted them again . Another chap came ( another Paul ) , and he couldn't really tell me the condition of the boiler etc
That's why I chose somebody else . The rest you know :)
So, I'll have to find another local plumber in the coming months .
I was lucky to find a decent builder though..:)

Hope so. Most builders don’t know one end of a radiator from the other

More the point, some SAY they do but really don't!

Thanks again for your input :)
It's better to be told "as it is " rather than what you expect to hear

Our pleasure. Life is rarely as it's portrayed in the media. For example you have honest, no axe to grind comments here from. What we all want is for you to have something genuinely usable and applicable in the real world. Good luck and remember, try to only ask questions you already know the answers to! ;)

More the point, some SAY they do but really don't!

Our pleasure. Life is rarely as it's portrayed in the media. For example you have honest, no axe to grind comments here from. What we all want is for you to have something genuinely usable and applicable in the real world. Good luck and remember, try to only ask questions you already know the answers to! ;)

:)

So , things seem to have got slightly worse.
The same thing seems to be happening to the rad next to my boiler .
What also seems to happen , is that the rad in the hallway seems to go cold at times .The rad next to the boiler gets cold behind the rad at the bottom . Also I have to try to get the boiler to turn on again by adjusting the thermostat in the hallway by turning the dial below 20 degrees and then above 20 degrees ( it clicks after 20 degrees ). I was under the impression that the boiler is always on once I turn the dial past 20 degrees . It doesn't seem to be the case.
The thermostat is a Drayton combi -stat .

So, the questions I now have : do I contact the heating Co I have contract with ,and just let them turn up and sort out the problem ?
I assume it's best not to get the builder to replace rads ?
Also , any idea what the problem is ?

How costly is it ? Over £450 ?

Thank you

Update: yesterday , I decided to text mr builder and arrange for him to replace the two rads. A few moments later, would you believe I get a call from the boiler people . They asked again what the problem was. I was polite as always and repeated everything . Apparently , they are going to get an engineer out to have a look . If / when they show up , I will go for the cheaper option . Mr builder seems favourite a this stage .
I now have another concern, with my boiler. Another thread is being started
Thanks ...

I would ask in fact what each is offering don’t go cheapest go for the quote that does it right

Reply to Issues with central heating policy and other shenanigans .. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock