Discuss is this quote fair? central heating upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i was disappointed with the more expensive quote as the project manager spent two hours measuring up and taking pics but the document i got was thin and very generic.
the property is empty btw if that majes a difference it is being refurbished.

A lot of my quotes are very generic as I dobt write everything from scratch every time. If you do quite a few quotes you can soon lose a lot of time writing up everything personally for that customer.

So a lot of mine is supply and fit x boiler and flue
Supply and fit new programmable room thermostat
Supply and fit magnetic filter

And so on.

If they are doing 3/4 quotes a day you have to keep them generic

i see your point but we are in our 40s
and this is the forever home so not too fussed about future sale value.
But you will likely be hacked off and embarrassed if you have visitors and you have to say one at a time for the shower even though you have two. That’s what’s daft to me having two showers that you can’t use together. You might as well turn one bathroom into a walk in cupboard or something

Nowt wrong with it if it’s properly installed and clean and you’re not putting huge rads on

A lot of my quotes are very generic as I dobt write everything from scratch every time. If you do quite a few quotes you can soon lose a lot of time writing up everything personally for that customer.

So a lot of mine is supply and fit x boiler and flue
Supply and fit new programmable room thermostat
Supply and fit magnetic filter

And so on.

If they are doing 3/4 quotes a day you have to keep them generic

thats fair enough.

My opinion if it’s empty get rid of the 10mm hate the stuff

I agree with the future proofing and if you say had a young couple looking to have a family then yes stored water all the way.
I cant see that the wasted energy to heat and keep heated a cylinder just so if one day they are rushed for time they could have 2 showers at the same time is worth it.
So I'm a big believer in chatting to the customer explaining the pros and cons of both systems and let them choose what they would prefer or would suit there needs better.

Serious question: On a modern UV cylinder, how long does the water keep hot?

We are 2 adult home ( +1 when son visits for weekend every month or so), 2 bathrooms/3 showers. I shower, she bathes. The water is on for about an hour, ending before we get up and again in the PM ending before we get home. That way, the HW doesn't cycle every time water is drawn. We never run out of HW. If I was bothered, I would try to run it just in the morning OR, more logically, the PM. Personally, changing from a combi to UV was a good move - simply on the basis of faster flow rates to bath.

I would NEVER recommend fitting the wrong boiler to the house. The OP says they are stopping there for ever. Life is rarely that simple.

Reply to is this quote fair? central heating upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler...
Replies
Views
Back