Search the forum,

Discuss is theres such thing as different toilet sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

hi guys,

Ive done a couple of jobs latel and had problems fitting toilets the customer had already bought before they give me the job.

one job i did had the soil pipe at the back of th coming in from the left, it was then elbowed towards the toilet and then a pan connector was pushed onto this. This pipework was all boxed in and the original toilet fited in well. The toilet the customer bought had a smaller 'neck' which ment that when the toilet was pushed back as far as it would go, the cistern did not make contact with the wall, this ment it could not be fixed to the wall as it was 2.5 inches too far away

today went to a job, soil coming straight up through bathroom floor. customer had BTW toilet but had bought a bog standard toilet (old style). the middle of soil pipe was approx 6.5 inches from wall. This ment again that if the toilet was pushed back so cistern could be screwed to wall, the base of toilet overlapped the soil pipe so no chance of fitting that toilet there either.

now i need to find a toilet that will replace the orignal toilet for this job but i just dont know what to ask for in order to make sure that the cistern will fit flat to wall and waste on toilet will be far enough away from soil waste for me to get a pan connector on it

i hope you guys get what i mean but when buying toilet, there are no dimensions, so what do i do?? i totally stumped by this one

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/s...ing-different-toilet-sizes.html#ixzz1zVYwx7Qh

tends to run on intuition.
never take on a job where cust bought bog first without viewing

my fave is the soil from left or right and theyve bought a pan thats closed right back to the wall its usually one theyve bought of e bay

sometimes customers think your paul daniels, they see bathroom suites in showrooms which are never piped up,
so they think you can fit them anywhere.
the more bathroom work you do, the easier it is to spot problems beforehand, but as has been said, it's always better to have the manufacturers sizes.
if your doing bathroom work regularly, keep a selection of pan connectors in the van, a swan neck , a few flexi's, big & small offset pan connectors etc.

my fave is the soil from left or right and theyve bought a pan thats closed right back to the wall its usually one theyve bought of e bay

just take a check out the side of the pan with a stihl saw lol
would make a good hall of shame photo.

Sizes vary between different manufacturers and vary even more between imported tat from the SAME manufacturer. With sanitary ware, this is one area where you get what you pay for. Stick to quality brand names. I'm liking Tavistock kit right now, amazing quality at a good price. The toilet ranges comes with thermoplastic seat with chrome hinges as standard and the quality of the casting is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is theres such thing as different toilet sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
P
Our builder set up the soil pipe and supply for the closed couple toilet but says it's actually impossible to connect to the wall securely (ie he says he can't get bolts in). It's silicone'd to the floor which he is claiming is fine. Is this right? There must be a way even if in means breaking...
Replies
Views
I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use the existing soil pipe which goes out to the right. All the back to wall toilets on Victoria Plum have a cross through the side waste which has...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock