Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible to have a wireless roomstat with a Baxi 105e? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi I have had a friend ask me if the above is possible, I'm not sure so thought I would pick the brains of you guys :)

If it is possible can you please explain how it is done, thanks.

Yes it is possible.

From memory they have a set of terminal blocks with 240VAC Live, Neutral and Earth with a volt free link to switch the heating. A wireless stat will also have a 240VAC live and neutral connection (unlikely to have an earth) with a set of volt free switching contacts.
image1265.gif

Pick up your live an neutral supply from the L + N terminals on the boiler.

Remove the link on the boiler and wire it to the switching part of the stat. If you are unsure about it, don't attempt it as you can risk blowing the PCB if not connected correctly.

Yes it is possible.

From memory they have a set of terminal blocks with 240VAC Live, Neutral and Earth with a volt free link to switch the heating. A wireless stat will also have a 240VAC live and neutral connection (unlikely to have an earth) with a set of volt free switching contacts.
image1265.gif

Pick up your live an neutral supply from the L + N terminals on the boiler.

Remove the link on the boiler and wire it to the switching part of the stat. If you are unsure about it, don't attempt it as you can risk blowing the PCB if not connected correctly.

Hello, Thanks for that. Might sound a bit silly but can you explain what you mean by "Pick up your live an neutral supply from the L + N terminals on the boiler."

1) The link you refer to is th link in the mains input (correct?)
2) Wire this link to the switching part of the room stat (coorect?)

I am not overly experienced in wiring. I am not doing this job, the person who is asking lives up the other end of the country, but it will be useful for me to know.

Stat.jpg

Quick and rough wiring diagram. Terminals on a wireless stat will vary, but the diagram on the right is the basis for any room stat.

Common = input
NO = terminal which is NORMALLY OPEN, this is your heating demand, this becomes a full circuit when the room temperature is below the target temperature.
NC = terminal which is NORMALLY CLOSED, this becomes a full circuit when the room temperature is higher than the target temperature, not generally used in central heating applications.

Lol, sorry i'm still confused. I don't understand how that is a wireless room stat if there's wires between the boiler and room stat. Forgive me :D

its the receiver for the stat you normally put it next to the boiler, some you can get wich you can swap for the time clock on certian models, it will comunicate with the stat which will be battery powerd

its the receiver for the stat you normally put it next to the boiler, some you can get wich you can swap for the time clock on certian models, it will comunicate with the stat which will be battery powerd

Do you mean the programmer? Sorry I have worked with mainly worcester combis that have the programmer on the boiler and then just a separate room stat.

yea, carn't say i've seen one to swap with a worcester programmer tbh proberbly can get them thought. its better to use one with a receiver at the side of the boiler you have more options then you can use either the programmer or just the stat sometimes you can use both to work with each other too, just quicker to install the other ones

no ash you have the receiver which you wire up to the boiler and then you have the stat which communicates with the receiver by radio waves hence wireless

Lol, sorry i'm still confused. I don't understand how that is a wireless room stat if there's wires between the boiler and room stat. Forgive me :D
My fault, you wire a receiver to the boiler, the wireless stat communicates with the receiver, the receiver then turns the heating on or off.

The "wireless stat" in my diagram is the wireless stat receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it possible to have a wireless roomstat with a Baxi 105e? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock