Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion tank is always on in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, the immersion tank is running all the time and we can't switch it off. I've uploaded pictures of the devices attached to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• tempImageJ4UE88.png
    tempImageJ4UE88.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImagebGyfBU.png
    tempImagebGyfBU.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageKpvJKy.png
    tempImageKpvJKy.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • tempImageIqmPmf.png
    tempImageIqmPmf.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Hi, Martin, thank you for the reply. Strangely your reply is different in the email I received.

I moved the pins on the timer and switched it on, the tank seemed to really kick in then. So it seems that it's always on but properly heats up when the timer is on. But it's giving off a constant heat into the room.

I just answered your question as you stated it's running all the time when in fact I believe you just think it's running all the time because it's warm?

Is your gas boiler hot water timer still on? It's a thermal store remember so it will give off heat as long asit's been charged. You're going to particularly notice the warmth given off in the summer so I'd buy a thermal jacket for it.

That could be the case, we're assuming it's on because of the heat but also because of the noise, assume that's the pipes.

I'd switched the gas boiler timer to off but it was still running, so now I've completely turned the boiler off. This has stopped the noise near the tank. So maybe there is a boiler or boiler timer problem?

Thank you for the heads up on the thermal jacket. Do all immersion tank types need one?

Thank you for your help.

Your electrical immersion heater is off so I assumed your gas boiler was coming on to heat the water. I think you possibly need a better grasp of how to use and set up the controls to provide you with enough hot water whether it's your gas boiler or immersion, perhaps a friend or neighbour can advise?

As for the cylinder jacket the more insulation the better, it'll slow the rate of heat loss therefore eventually cost you less to heat the store.

Your electrical immersion heater is off so I assumed your gas boiler was coming on to heat the water. I think you possibly need a better grasp of how to use and set up the controls to provide you with enough hot water whether it's your gas boiler or immersion, perhaps a friend or neighbour can advise?

As for the cylinder jacket the more insulation the better, it'll slow the rate of heat loss therefore eventually cost you less to heat the store.
Yes the immersion heater is off and we've been using the gas boiler for hot water. It's been confusing with all the noise around the immersion tank and heat coming from it despite being off, and since switching the boiler off the tank has cooled down. Yes, you're right about the controls :)

If the boiler programmer was set to off, and the cylinder has since cooled down, then it’s likely to be a failed motorised valve actuator.
When the boiler programmer was set to off the boiler was still running and the cylinder was hot. Since completely switching off the boiler on the boiler itself, the cylinder has cooled down.

It seems having the boiler on it heats up the cylinder. Is this normal?

Reply to Immersion tank is always on in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock