Discuss immersion heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked to replace an immersion heating element , when I had a look at the hot water storage cylinder to get so starts of element it had non on it so I'm not to sure what length to get , is there any way you can tel what length you need without takingIit out, I would like to have replacement to hand so I can be in done and gone

Is it in the top or in the side of the HW Vessel? What size is the HW Vessel?

mmmmmmmmmm u not nmaking much sense but take a long one and short one with you think they are 27" and 11" normally if it is an unvented cyl, replace with manufacturers own kit

Vented or unvented?

What size cylinder?

Have you the appropriate electrical supply?

We always keep short ones in the vans and if nec call back and replace with the right lenght
at least it keeps their hot water on ! CHK

Have you done this before ? cause there are quite a few pitfalls if you havent ! let us know and we can help you out centralheatking
I've been asked to replace an immersion heating element , when I had a look at the hot water storage cylinder to get so starts of element it had non on it so I'm not to sure what length to get , is there any way you can tel what length you need without takingIit out, I would like to have replacement to hand so I can be in done and gone

Of course you'll need a G3 ticket if it's an unvented cylinder. For the hard of thinking: remove the thermostats & measure it, stick a straightened wire coat hanger into the thermostat pocket to double check the thermostat length.
HTH

Of course you'll need a G3 ticket if it's an unvented cylinder. For the hard of thinking: remove the thermostats & measure it, stick a straightened wire coat hanger into the thermostat pocket to double check the thermostat length.
HTH

why measure thermostat length if your replacing an immersion for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to immersion heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock